• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds Prelim 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah I don't think anyone is offering up excuses. We were smacked and it's been said by all and sundry. I think even if we'd played well it might have been closer but I don't think we would've prevailed. I think people are genuinely wondering why the Reds were as ordinary as they were and I think it's certainly plausible that the players were feeling somewhat flat after the Lions Tour. I certainly don't think it's the only reason though - not by a long shot.

I also think it's foolish to say that the AB's and Springboks Test Series' were equally as draining on the players of the respective regions as the Lions Tour was on the Wallabies.

EDIT: I also meant to add that quite a lot of people were actually speculating that the AUS S15 teams were doing as well as they were leading up to the Lions tour because of the impending Tour, Bullrush. Many on this site, commentators of the game and even Robbie Deans in one interview I remember.
Good comments,Scoey.I actually think the Reds loss was indicative of their season.I did not see every Reds game,but quite a number,and the only time I thought they showed possible title winning form was in the win over the Chiefs.Apart from that they were fairly ordinary,including the terrible game against the Tahs just a week before the finals.Hardly the sort of lead up to face a red hot Crusaders side.

Status
Not open for further replies.