• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds, Round 11, 6 May 2016, AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Of course all teams do it Dan but none seem to do it to the extent or as systematically as the Saders do mate. They wrote the text book on wandering around aimlessly and taking the space.

As for the try laws, it's not a question on whether or not it's a try, there was just no real difference between the Saders try and the Reds non try.

Nah we just save all our cynical stuff for when we play the Reds. It's a little retribution for all the cynicism at the breakdown that Beau Robinson, Horwill, Higginbotham, Samo got away with in that 2011 final....

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
NEWSFLASH

New Zealand rugby team loses match due to loiterers near breakdown and slow-coaches not getting onside quick enough! WAY BACK IN 2011.

Well, I never. That'd make the score about opponents 3-NZ 65. ACTC, get a tape of Fitzpatrick's haphazard meanderings back on side BETWEEN THE SCRUMMIE AND THE FIVE-EIGHTH! Sean was bloody lucky I wasn't whistling any of his matches, there would've been NO latitude, straight off. Same goes for Richie, and that serial pillar, Franks (dunno which one, the bald one with short socks).

I've obviously watched more Oz/NZ rugby matches than you.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah sorry to break it to you ACT Crusader but your boys have been doing it since well before 2011.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lindo, I cast my mind back to the days of Link, Coker, Poido and see loitering and lurking taken to new heights.

As for Fitzy I think it was a case of preserving energy. He knew Michael Jones would soon steal the ball and he would be ready for attack.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Don't even bother ACT, hell you should know the only reasons the poor Australian teams have historically lost to NZ teams, is because the teams from NZ have always cheated or been dirty players etc etc etc.;) Those Reds boys that looked like they were offside was because the cheating crusaders kept moving the breakdown!!:D

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I wasn't talking about the AB's or NZ teams in general, I mentioned only the Crusaders. I didn't say that we lost because of the cynical play either and I never said that they were being 'dirty players' Dan. I didn't even suggest that the Reds were without sin.

Players are going to break the rules laws during the game, that's part of it. They will sometimes be penalised and other times they won't - that's fine. That's Rugby.

What my original post was about, if you'd bothered to read it, was how the Crusaders were playing very cynically inside the first 20 mins. Funny how it wasn't just me that thought so either, as the ref had a chat to them about it also. My issue is with teams like Crusaders that are capable of playing beautiful champagne Rugby still resort to cynical negative tactics. In all my years watching Rugby, the Crusaders seem to do it more than most. That's just my opinion, but I'm not Robinson Crusoe on this one either.

By all means debate my post but quit with the holier than thou crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.