• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Blues a.k.a. NZ's festum odii

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
TJ is unlistenable when commentating the Crusaders.

He non stop wanks on and on about the Crusaders to a ridiculous degree.

Crusaders far too good.

Can't believe coaches thought Ruru is a good enough 9 to beat the Crusaders. Seriously?

Akira's worst game in 12 months whilst Blackadder shone. Sotutu also poor.

Agreed Otere Black got exposed. This is his limit.

Crusaders are going to cruise to another title. Blues are nowhere near good enough.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Crusaders far too good.

Can't believe coaches thought Ruru is a good enough 9 to beat the Crusaders. Seriously?

Akira's worst game in 12 months whilst Blackadder shone. Sotutu also poor.

Agreed Otere Black got exposed. This is his limit.

Crusaders are going to cruise to another title. Blues are nowhere near good enough.

Mate, don't give up just yet, there is still more to come. Perhaps Robinson to start? I know Akira is the man for Jafas, but I do think there is some mileage to be out of having a real good grafter like Robison ar Blackadder cannot be overestimated at times.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
On the plus side, the match demonstrated there's plenty of physical forwards in the country.

I wait in eager anticipation to see how old Fozzie bear stuffs it up with undersized players and other such latter day Hansen nonsense.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Mate, don't give up just yet, there is still more to come. Perhaps Robinson to start? I know Akira is the man for Jafas, but I do think there is some mileage to be out of having a real good grafter like Robison ar Blackadder cannot be overestimated at times.

Completely agree with Robinson starting and one of Akira/Sotutu on the bench.

Papalii back would help too of course.

I'm not sold on Josh Goodhue. He is never any better than just passable.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
:p Ethan sends his greetings, and wonders if you could pass them onto Akira who had to leave game early to give birth!!;)

Yes, will begrudgingly admit the Blackadder boy did well to avoid complete broad-daylight bumcrack molestation c/o Akira.

Didnt actually realise he was that good.

This is as close as I will ever come to complimenting a Blackadder, let alone a Cantab.

Although the lad might be a dribbling brain-damaged wreck before he hits 30 if he keeps playing like that

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

It's borderline unprofessional. He obviously has a vested interest in his heroes and the rest of us just have to cop listening to it. Switched off the sound for the last 15 when it became apparent he'd ratcheted up his diamond-hard stiffy love turbine to such a degree it was going to dissolve any non-Cantab fans ears into rissoled mush.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
giphy.gif
SEVU REECE!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
[quote="Pfitzy, post: 1190763, membe
[/quote]

Not sure it was good enough acting to warrant an oscar or even a nomination Pfitzy ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Yes, will begrudgingly admit the Blackadder boy did well to avoid complete broad-daylight bumcrack molestation c/o Akira.

Didnt actually realise he was that good.

This is as close as I will ever come to complimenting a Blackadder, let alone a Cantab.

Although the lad might be a dribbling brain-damaged wreck before he hits 30 if he keeps playing like that

Think if you watched Blackadder closely when he came onto scene for Tasman, you may of seen he not a bad No 6, pretty good actually one of these ones who never stops working his arse off. (mind you Jafas watching Akira a year or 2 ago wouldn't of realised that's what 6,s do) . I reckon thats big Red Robinson's great strength too, that bastard doesn't know what cruise control is! As you say their bodies will be wrecks at 50!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cantabs vs Auckland Blues.

Venue: New Tinpot Lancaster Park
Date: Sunday, April 25, 2021
Kick-off: 12:35 NZT

Cantabs Matchday Team GIF:

giphy.gif

Auckland Blues Matchday Team GIF:

200.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In Christchurch "NLP" means Not Lancaster Park, a reference to the inordinate amount of time it's taking for it to be replaced. Fully agree with "Tinpot", though: drove past the open end of it at New Years 2019/20 & there it was wedged between the racecourse grandstand & the big-arse netball etc arena. If I didn't know better I'd have thought it was the home ground of a once-mighty Club fallen on hard times & forced to sell off half their land to keep things afloat. There are literally Chartered Clubs in Christchurch with a bigger footprint.

Edit: also Hodgman has been suspended for three weeks up to & including the Final BUT the judiciary have said that if Loss Bleus don't make the Final they may review the end date.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...s-prop-alex-hodgman-cops-threeweek-suspension

Eklund's suspension ends this week & he'll presumably be named on the bench (? don't think they'd start him after the layoff but you never know, stranger things have happened & not all of them on SJK's & Tana's watches :)).

CruSadists-wise they'll roll out the (hopefully) heavy artillery of SamW & Taylor plus Grace if fit. Under no circumstances should ScoBar play six. Ever again. So Blackadder or Douglas need to fill that role or eight & six, respectively, if Grace doesn't make it.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ strongly disagree re: ScoBar, he's a quality lock & if occasionally out-sized there's generally at least one genuine jumping option in the 6-7-8 department to compensate.