• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Blues: MATCH THREAD: Timaru - 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GC

Another try butcher!! ba ha ha hah....more of this in the World Cup please.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
What a cracking game to watch. Two packs as hard as teak smashing into each other on heavy ground. It was brutal physical intensity at times, but I really found this game fascinating. Carter's game management was the difference in the end to drive the Crusaders to the top of their conference at the right time, and they'll probably have McCaw back for the playoffs.

Luke Braid, Kaino and Faumaina really impressed for the Blues and their locks comfortably won the lineout.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Carter is not flashy (well, except for that chip kick for the last try), but he just makes good decisions all game. Geez, he's impressive.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I could agree that the Blues had the upper hand, but your failing to take into account the self belief the Saders have in themselves. That is no accident and deserves respect too.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
This game really illustrated a few big advantages the kiwis have over us. Every player is strong at the breakdown, they execute their passes and kicks and they have excellent support play. Even though they bombed some tries, still a brilliant game to watch. Nice to see DC respecting the opposition at they end as well, another reason he's miles ahead of giteau.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This game really illustrated a few big advantages the kiwis have over us. Every player is strong at the breakdown, they execute their passes and kicks and they have excellent support play. Even though they bombed some tries, still a brilliant game to watch. Nice to see DC respecting the opposition at they end as well, another reason he's miles ahead of giteau.
Let it go, FFS. He was in his own half, so hardly the place for a droppie.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)

Aside from Carter, Mealamu, and Franks, I really don't see too many ABs playing consistently well right now. They will need to lift their game and that will get increasingly difficult as the pressure mounts. It just wont be the time to find your game.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Let it go, FFS. He was in his own half, so hardly the place for a droppie.

That's my last word on the matter. I promise...

Riptide I think its a good point. Which franks are you revering to, as one of them had his hand on the ground at nearly every scrum.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Aside from Carter, Mealamu, and Franks, I really don't see too many ABs playing consistently well right now. They will need to lift their game and that will get increasingly difficult as the pressure mounts. It just wont be the time to find your game.

I sometimes wonder what some people expect of AB players. The players aren't in AB camp, there are a number of tests to be played before the pressure really hits.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Ali Williams' performance would've been encouraging. As with Kaino.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
I sometimes wonder what some people expect of AB players. The players aren't in AB camp, there are a number of tests to be played before the pressure really hits.

Well, I expect AB caliber players to be strong and consistent performers for the franchise, and to perform at a level of excellence or there abouts most of the time, and certainly not be be frequently outplayed by their oposite numbers.

The pressure will mount as questions are asked after the first loss to either the ABs or Boks; it always does. But this time, there will be no respite unless you go all the way and win the cup. No other team has that pressure or expectancy to perform this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.