• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Crusaders reaming the Chiefs - 36-8 after 65 minutes.

A bonus point win for the Saders is bad news for the Reds.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dan Carter puts the full stop on that game with a brilliant side line conversion. 43-15 Saders FT. I was quietly confident we would win this game but still pretty surprised it was not closer on the scoreboard.

What exactly does this mean for the Reds?

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Izzy Dagg was immense, and props to Kieran Read for his two tries, and to Carter for becoming the first man to reach 1500 super points.

How brilliant was Cruden's charge down/tap/regather/run in the lead up to the Chiefs first try though?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Perfect result for the Bulls. Now just need to beat the Sharks tomorrow and be a real shot to finish top. Sharks are still alive if Cheetahs lose to Blues so won't be easy.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dan Carter puts the full stop on that game with a brilliant side line conversion. 43-15 Saders FT. I was quietly confident we would win this game but still pretty surprised it was not closer on the scoreboard.

What exactly does this mean for the Reds?
Means we are travelling for the first final (assuming you guys win against the canes next week, which would seem likely).

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I thought the Chiefs were rubbish. Yes the Cru took charge and dominated possession but I was staggered by the number of unforced errors the Chiefs had, and bewildered by the series of penalties they incurred in the first 20.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Chiefs put in there worst game of the year so it is hard to tell how good the Crusaders were. The tests have certainly helped there stars though.

Will be cheering for the Force and Hurricanes next week. Doesn't look good but the Sharks travelled last year and made the final so the Reds can do the same.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The Bulls are in the box seat now. If they finish top, they are bloody difficult to beat at home.
I think the only side capable of doing it are the Crusaders.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Chiefs put in there worst game of the year so it is hard to tell how good the Crusaders were. The tests have certainly helped there stars though.

Will be cheering for the Force and Hurricanes next week. Doesn't look good but the Sharks travelled last year and made the final so the Reds can do the same.

Not feeling precious or anything, but why the Force? If the Brumbies win it won't affect where the Reds finish or who they will play in the semis. Looks a lot like the Brumbies/Reds semi in the first week, assuming the Cheetahs don't fall in a hole.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought it was inevitable the Chiefs would start getting pinged for some of their illegalities around the fringes of rucks. Perhaps they just missed Messam, whose cloak of invisibility rivals McCaw's.

All these penalties just happened to coincide with meeting the one team that didn't need the help. The Crusaders took full advantage of the situation and Carter behind a completely dominant pack is near impossible to stop. He's hitting the gap between the posts rather well too.

It seems like a lot of the All Blacks are finally stepping it up. The internationals may well have helped.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not feeling precious or anything, but why the Force? If the Brumbies win it won't affect where the Reds finish or who they will play in the semis. Looks a lot like the Brumbies/Reds semi in the first week, assuming the Cheetahs don't fall in a hole.

For some reason I was thinking the Crusader could overtake the Brumbies. In my defence it was early.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Looks a lot like the Brumbies/Reds semi in the first week, assuming the Cheetahs don't fall in a hole.

Nah, it'll be Brumbies/Cheetahs and Saders/Reds. Cheetahs have probably over-achieved this year and have done as well as they can to finish sixth, the trip across the Indian Ocean will be their swansong. The Reds in Christchurch will be very difficult, especially as the Saders seem to hitting their ruthless form of old. Is St Richie the Invisible scheduled to play next week and thereafter?

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
If the Saders continue current form and play the Reds in Christchurch (or any team for that matter) the Reds don't have a hope in hell of winning - imo.

The GOAT may return, but Matt Todd is playing so well I would say he might just be off the bench.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Means we are travelling for the first final (assuming you guys win against the canes next week, which would seem likely).

I see, better you guys having to travel than us :p

I'm not taking the Canes game as a given. Teams with nothing to lose can either be unmotivated & get smacked or turn up & just play freely - which can be dangerous. The current Clan v Canes game from the 1st half anyway suggests the Canes won't be a threat but I don't want to count the chickens before they hatch.

I'm pleased to see Dagg playing much better. He will need to carry that into coming weeks. Dan Carter played brilliant.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Old school loose rugby in the Hurricanes v Highlanders match. 49-44 to the Highlanders. Ridiculous second half, Highlanders finally edge one.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Old school loose rugby in the Hurricanes v Highlanders match. 49-44 to the Highlanders. Ridiculous second half, Highlanders finally edge one.

Crazy & entertaining game, really pissed I had Lee-Lo & Savea on my fantasy Rugby bench both of them scored over 40.

How tough was Slade getting up after that collision in the air? I thought he was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.