• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders vs Jaguares - Round 8, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Venue: AMI Stadium
City: Christchurch
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

AMI_stadium_internal_for_web.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ref: Joubert
AR's: Peyper & Nutbrown
TMO: Paterson
bet365: Cru $1.20-$4.33 Jag

Crusaders: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Johnny McNicholl, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Richie Mo’unga, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (c), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody. Replacements: 16 Ged Robinson, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Mike Ala'alatoa, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Tim Boys, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Sean Wainui, 23 Ben Volavola

Jaguares: 15 Joaquín Tuculet, 14 Matías Orlando, 13 Jerónimo de la Fuente, 12 Santiago González Iglesias, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Juan Martín Hernández, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Facundo Isa, 7 Rodrigo Báez, 6 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 5 Matías Alemanno, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustín Creevy (c), 1 Santiago García Botta. Replacements: 16 Facundo Bosch, 17 Felipe Arregui, 18 Enrique Pieretto, 19 Juan Cruz Guillemaín, 20 Pablo Matera, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Joaquín Paz, 23 Lucas González Amorosino

G

galumay

A polished and dominant performance from the 'Saders, looking ominous this season. Jaguares continue to disappoint.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ They'll finish the weekend at least a point behind the Reds. "Continue to disappoint" doesn't come close. Even if my ForEx match review contains the part-sentence "... continue to disappoint in their debut season". I'm just trying to be polite, OK?

On a brighter note, how good was it to see IzzyD carving it up 2011-styles? "Fuckin' good" you say? OK then, if you insist.......

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Ellis should have been carded

quite ridiculous to avoid suspension/real punishment because you're too stupid to let your punch connect.

Jaguares are a shit team and they can piss right off with their diving antics, though it wasn't as prevalent this week, but Hernandez that little wanky stick still tried it at least once this game

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
quite ridiculous to avoid suspension/real punishment because you're too stupid to let your punch connect.

Jaguares are a shit team and they can piss right off with their diving antics, though it wasn't as prevalent this week, but Hernandez that little wanky stick still tried it at least once this game

Should have a week added for lame-ass biffery.
punch in head.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Good game, few of the Crusaders look like they going well, Shag Hansen certainly going to have a good problem picking between Ngatai and Crotty, because I think Crotty had a huge game.
Oh and welcome back Izzy!!
Also Dismal, you certainly don't need to worry about how well read's playing.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Is it pronounced Jaguars or Hagwares? The telecast was as frustrating as listening to Bray pronounce Puma.

If the commentators did not just come back from a 10 day holiday with an new accent, they should just use the English pronunciation? Following the logic, what is the point of shelling out for a Hag if no one knows what the hell it is you are driving.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Reds, that is the correct way to pronounce it, and the Jaguares have said they would prefer it to be pronunciation, I would prefer the commentators took the time to learn the correct way rather than just taking the lazy way and saying this is how we say it. It is like many of the player's names with Islnad origins ,or French or whatever, good to see some are trying to get it right.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Saders looking very dangerous.
Probably the best forward pack in the comp' and the backs aren't looking as useless as the last few years.
In fact, shock gasp, Dagg actually played bloody well.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Last word on this triviality. Pronunciation is a killer, I met a cousin of Chris Sautia's and asked him how to say his name. I do not have the dexterity to come close to saying it. It is one of things that I should appreciate commentators for really having a good go at because it shows respect for the players, their families, their cultures and the global nature of the game...........the way they were saying Jaguar did sound funny :)

https://www.howtopronounce.com/spanish/jaguar/

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I agree about the Jaguares.

However it is inevitable that people who settle in other country just have to accept that their name will be localised.

There are some wonderful examples amongst immigrants to the US.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
An Argentine team playing out of Argentina has the right to ask that their name be pronounced correctly, or at least with the correct intent.

Something particularly aggravating about tour de "Franse" rather than Frons, and Glass-go rather than Glazz-go.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is it pronounced Jaguars or Hagwares? The telecast was as frustrating as listening to Bray pronounce Puma.

If the commentators did not just come back from a 10 day holiday with an new accent, they should just use the English pronunciation? Following the logic, what is the point of shelling out for a Hag if no one knows what the hell it is you are driving.
It's something like this:

JA = Ha-ppy
GU = Goo-gle
A = A-pple
RES = Red

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.