• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders Vs Tahs - Mordor - 27th May

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
1685167971637.png

Edmed's new haircut has me wondering when the real slim shady will stand up

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
After Donaldson had his best game last week against the Drua, that must be one of his worst. Absolutely no direction in attack, kicking just seemed completely aimless, and couldn't even kick goals. Holloway was very quiet, I think a rest next week would do him the world of good. Generally though, the whole side showed too much inaccurate passing, slow to react to whatever the Saders did, lazy at the breakdown. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) went back to his bad old days of throwing speculators.
Looking for positives, the set piece was good, there were periods of pretty resolute defence, and just the occasional glimpse of what they are capable of in attack. They really need to lift 100% on that (and I believe they are capable of doing so).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Crusaders have 2 or 3 genuine world class players. Maybe more. The tahs have.... I'm gona have to say none? Don't get me wrong. They have some very good players but not world class. It shows.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I knew we were mentally screwed for this game when we did that dumb cross field kick early. WTF? why go for 3% hero play against the most effective, organised team in the comp?

It doesn't matter if your winger spends the whole game waiving about all the space he has over his side (and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) does that all game, every game) you play to the plan and never attempt that kick without a penalty advantage

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I knew we were mentally screwed for this game when we did that dumb cross field kick early. WTF? why go for 3% hero play against the most effective, organised team in the comp?

It doesn't matter if your winger spends the whole game waiving about all the space he has over his side (and Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) does that all game, every game) you play to the plan and never attempt that kick without a penalty advantage
It was a head scratcher, that's for sure.

I think that's close to the worst I've seen the Tah's play this year.