• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders Vs Tahs - Mordor - 27th May

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I feel for the Saders? No rugby person outside the south island of NZ ever, ever, ever had this feeling.
Well outside of top part of South Island, except those who moved to other places. :D
Besides the bastards are so well run, they probably budgeted for it!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Strange article about the Tahs not winning there for 19 years and the "solution" is to be bold whilst half the side is being rested o_O

I listened to the press conference from after the Drua game and it didn't sound like more than a couple of players would be rested. It would mostly be around players that had niggles.

There was no mandated games off from the Wallabies.

Reading between the lines maybe Holloway gets rested with Seu and Hanigan both available again.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
I listened to the press conference from after the Drua game and it didn't sound like more than a couple of players would be rested. It would mostly be around players that had niggles.

There was no mandated games off from the Wallabies.

Reading between the lines maybe Holloway gets rested with Seu and Hanigan both available again.
Is Edmed available for this match? If so i would love for him to have a go at fly-half or inside center, though Walton has been excellent recently.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is Edmed available for this match? If so i would love for him to have a go at fly-half or inside center, though Walton has been excellent recently.

Edmed is meant to be back. It's hard to see Donaldson being replaced though. He's finally in some good form at the right end of the season.

Walton was outstanding at 12.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Holloway for sure, he’s our most important forward. Would guess Porecki and Hooper too since we can replace them pretty handily with Vailanu and Gamble. Gordon surely needs a rest too but he’s a machine.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Edmed is meant to be back. It's hard to see Donaldson being replaced though. He's finally in some good form at the right end of the season.

Walton was outstanding at 12.
Agree. Edmed probably needs at least a week of club rugby to recoup some match fitness, much better than being dropped into the frontlines against the Crusaders. Of course, he has a 100% record against them.

There seems to be some talk that Jorgensen might be rested, but I'd be concerned about our depth at fullback behind him. And he doesn't seem to be going off the boil. Maybe give him a week off against Moana, especially if Foketi and Edmed's return gives us some more depth through the backs.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That being the 96 point 2002?

indecisive-i-dont-know.gif

NSFW are going to get smashed.....
......but smashed by the Cantabs.....
We call it the 19 point 2002.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Porecki rest?

Mahe hasn’t been named for Gordon either.

Yes, I'm predicting Porecki being rested based on Latu not being named and I think all three are healthy.

Everything else seems uncertain.

Maybe we get something like:

Faulkner, Vailanu, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Sinclair, Hanigan
Seu, Gamble, Gleeson
Gordon, Donaldson
Foketi, Walton (or Walton, Perese)
Pietsch, Nawaqanitawase, Jorgensen

Latu, Leatigaga, Holz, Tauelangi, Harris, Goddard, Tuipulotu, Wilson

I haven't heard any injury update on Perese but hopefully there is nothing serious.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes, I'm predicting Porecki being rested based on Latu not being named and I think all three are healthy.

Faulkner, Vailanu, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Sinclair, Hanigan
Seu, Gamble, Gleeson
Gordon, Donaldson

I haven't heard any injury update on Perese but hopefully there is nothing serious.
Don't think Edmed is playing shute shield, they might throw him on the bench...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought Leatigaga made some impact off the bench last week. The Drua were pretty physical but he made metres after contact and put the team on the front foot. He looks to be a keeper for next year.

Faulkner, Vailanu, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Sinclair, Hanigan
Seu, Gamble, Gleeson
Gordon, Donaldson

If they run that team on I don't think they'll be hit for 96. I don't think they will have that many weaknesses compared to the stood down players. Johnson Holmes has been strong, Vailanu must be close to starting anyway, Hanigan and Seu will handle the lineouts, at his best, Gamble is close to Hooper. Walton's been playing out of his skin, Tuipolotu is a real talent in development. I reckon a win by a few to the Saders, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got tossed over like last year too. Its a real hard one for tipping competitors. Is it the result that catapaults you up the leaderboard?