• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders Vs Tahs - Mordor - 27th May

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
DC mentioned some of the players were "cooked" in his press conference after the Drua game - but also suggested he wouldn't be resting too many this week. So that's pretty much where we've ended up.
Yeah ok, Wayne Smith and co savaged the resting policy this week. If they rested a whole bunch a la the Brumbies I might have been a little miffed.

Alex Ross (28)
Yeah ok, Wayne Smith and co savaged the resting policy this week. If they rested a whole bunch a la the Brumbies I might have been a little miffed.
It was well before Wayne’s article that DC said he’d not be changing out the whole side. Just a couple this week and a couple next week for MP (Moana Pasifika). I expect, backups permitting, Holloway and HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) might get a spell next week.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Extraordinary he was able to secure a contract there, especially as BPA is on the books there. He pretty much came home because he was essentially punted from the Top 14 due to his red card liability. The Stade Francais president savaged him.
Also extraordinary that we let him go before season end. If Porecki or Vailanu go down we are in deep do-do.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Do we get Bowen and Wilson back just for round 15, or also for finals?

With Tuipolotu and Walton looking good we don't need Foketi till the quarter final. Perese probably needs to play next week to tune up for the quarter final. So centres are covered. 10 is covered providing Edmed goes OK, 9 has got Wilson and Goddard to cover Gordon and we can probably cover the outside backs with the other Wilson and a bit of shuffling.

In the forwards it appears everyone has got some cover. We can't lose two hookers, but the rest of the front row looks covered. We've got three good locks and Seu to cover, our backrow after round 15 will be a logjam. So we can almost put out our best selection for the quarter final and beyond.

That's looking super-strong, but I am so sad we lost Bell; I thought this year was the one for him to take the comp by the scruff of the neck.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Even if DC had rested another few players, I think at this time of season, with finals in next few weeks any good coach will pick his fights anyway. You want everyone humming at knockout stage when you get no more chances.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also extraordinary that we let him go before season end. If Porecki or Vailanu go down we are in deep do-do.

Seems highly unlikely this is the case. The current French season doesn't finish its regular season until this weekend and then there are three weeks of finals (which Montpellier aren't part of).

I'm betting he either got injured in club rugby last weekend or more likely is with the team in Christchurch this weekend as an emergency option.