• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dan Vickerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
No doubt, Sharpe is better in the air than Vicks or Horwill. In fact, as far as calling and jumping in the lineout it would be Sharpe>Simmons>Vicks. But that was his first game back. He'll get better. Even without Sharpe or Simmons we have the ingredients for a great lineout. With Elsom, Samo, Horwill and himself you have 4 genuine targets.

I think Robbie is going horses for courses. I think against the boks and the strong lineout teams, we will have Sharpe. Otherwise where we need the grunt, it'll be Vicks.

Edit: Didn't see your post Cyclo before I started this. But yeah, similar sentiments. However, Sharpe simply doesn't have the ability to move bodies that Vicks or even Simmons has.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cyclo please get out of my brain, everything I want to post tonight I come on and you've been there, done that. I guess it saves me some effort but it's a bit disturbing.

Reactions: daz

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cyclo please get out of my brain, everything I want to post tonight I come on and you've been there, done that. I guess it saves me some effort but it's a bit disturbing.
How do you think it feels being me? I find my own brain disturbing, let alone anyone else's.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I empathise but I assume you have a choice, take your leave if you please while I deal with my own issues :p

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even if our lineout didn't improve with Vickerman (which is obviously will) I'd still take him over Sharpe. Not sure about others but I'd easily take a few wonky lineouts over the impact Vicks made at the breakdown last night. It's pretty clear the game is won and lost in the breakdown - not who wins the lineout. Also his impact isn't just individually, I think he really fired up a few of our boys up as well.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Even if our lineout didn't improve with Vickerman (which is obviously will) I'd still take him over Sharpe. Not sure about others but I'd easily take a few wonky lineouts over the impact Vicks made at the breakdown last night. It's pretty clear the game is won and lost in the breakdown - not who wins the lineout. Also his impact isn't just individually, I think he really fired up a few of our boys up as well.

He was certainly giving Pocock a spray after that first lineout that went wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.