• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Deviant Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

formeropenside

Isn't dealing with the locals there already punishment enough?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
This is hardly news. I have been for 3 years or so. As does Lee, Lindommer, Ash, Cutter, barbarian et al.
So I am not deviating too far from the norm.
The punishment is having to read TBs posts without yielding to the desire to reply. It can be informative at times.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
This is hardly news. I have been for 3 years or so. As does Lee, Lindommer, Ash, Cutter, barbarian et al.
So I am not deviating too far from the norm.
The punishment is having to read TBs posts without yielding to the desire to reply. It can be informative at times.

That's what I've been doing at TSF for four years. There is a little sound opinion there and I just love the small island mentality. Sometimes it's hard to resist responding (a la your point about kiwi Steve Devine) but one must.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
This is hardly news. I have been for 3 years or so. As does Lee, Lindommer, Ash, Cutter, barbarian et al. So I am not deviating too far from the norm.

Pedallist, Old China, I've posted one elegant, lengthy and beautifully-written paper on TSF in the last eight months and I'm now a correspondent; my thoughts on Super rugby's future attracted many unjustified barbs from NZ from which I'm still recovering. I have no truck with their small island insularity nor their ultra sensitivity to the mildest disagreement, that's why I don't choose to post there any longer.

On the other hand (as a quarter Kiwi), I have the utmost admiration for their rugby achievements.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
Thought you'd mention me, Boet. :lmao: Posting here a bit better as a Saffer but someone have to do a duty on these boards. :nta:

R

Red Beard

The problem with TSF is the half a dozen arse clowns who have been on there from Day One and watch each others backs all the time (not Bart though he is a gent). A mate called it the 'Accountants and Lawyers forum' and he was bang on. Too many egos not enough consideration for others. The dont like to be shown up in any way and seem to think their shit smells better than the rest of us.

I doubt many if any of these guys have ever played more than social footy. They give the forum a bad name with their rudeness and double standards. They say they have a 'pub rules' standard of behaviour online. Mate if they carried on like that in the pubs I frequent, they wouldnt last five minutes. Most of the other Kiwis online are sick of them as well and ther are some really good rugby people online as well.

S

Spook

It seems to me that the number of posts on TSF has dropped off. :nta:

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Spook said:
It seems to me that the number of posts on TSF has dropped off. :nta:

A lot. I guess people get tired of every comment they make getting side swiped by Kirwan and Baron.

But I have to admit it's fun to wind them up, which is quite easy.

P

PhucNgo

Red Beard said:
The problem with TSF is the half a dozen arse clowns who have been on there from Day One and watch each others backs all the time (not Bart though he is a gent). A mate called it the 'Accountants and Lawyers forum' and he was bang on. Too many egos not enough consideration for others. The dont like to be shown up in any way and seem to think their shit smells better than the rest of us.

I doubt many if any of these guys have ever played more than social footy. They give the forum a bad name with their rudeness and double standards. They say they have a 'pub rules' standard of behaviour online. Mate if they carried on like that in the pubs I frequent, they wouldnt last five minutes. Most of the other Kiwis online are sick of them as well and ther are some really good rugby people online as well.

Are they still calling everyone Piston Wristed Gibbons, or something? :nta: I could never figure that one out, but they seemed to like it (a lot).

P

PhucNgo

Red Beard said:

Hey Red Beard, speaking of things NZ and deviant behaviour, has anyone yet been publically linched for "designing" this year's away strips? I mean, what's with the white sox? The Blues, Chiefs and Clan all look like LA Galaxy poofballers and the Saders, well those old grey flanny pyjamas look like a hark back to the Black Caps WSC uniforms from 20 years ago. They're right up there with the extremely popular 'Tahs line of sports leisure wear here in Oz.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
PhucNgo said:
Red Beard said:

Are they still calling everyone Piston Wristed Gibbons, or something? :nta: I could never figure that one out, but they seemed to like it (a lot).

If you typed in wan.ker it was automatically changed to PWG.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
the gambler said:
If you typed in wan.ker it was automatically changed to PWG.
Vok ja if you type in broer/bra.bro it change to big esteemed friend, whatever that mean. :lmao:

R

Red Beard

PhucNgo said:
Red Beard said:

Hey Red Beard, speaking of things NZ and deviant behaviour, has anyone yet been publically linched for "designing" this year's away strips? I mean, what's with the white sox? The Blues, Chiefs and Clan all look like LA Galaxy poofballers and the Saders, well those old grey flanny pyjamas look like a hark back to the Black Caps WSC uniforms from 20 years ago. They're right up there with the extremely popular 'Tahs line of sports leisure wear here in Oz.
I think the Canes and Saders grey away strips are a disgrace and white soks dont do it for em either! I dont mind the Chiefs or Highlanders away strip and frankly never cared enough about the Blues franchise to let bother me! But I cant for the life of me see why they need to wear aways strip if there is no actual clash with the oppositions uniform. The Crusaders played the Lions the other night with both teams wearing red dominated jersies and I think the Brumbies/Cheetahs was an all white affiar. The away strips are another cheap marketing ploy by adidas which irks the real rugby fans.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
cyclopath said:
Thought you'd mention me, Boet. :lmao: Posting here a bit better as a Saffer but someone have to do a duty on these boards. :nta:
Didn't mean to overlook you PB, but I thought I was transgressing good standards here by lurking over there (as an Aussie, I guess). You are of course included as a deviant!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
cyclopath said:
PaarlBok said:
cyclopath said:
Didn't mean to overlook you PB, but I thought I was transgressing good standards here by lurking over there (as an Aussie, I guess). You are of course included as a deviant!!
Now you have to be more describing, like kakmaker? :nta:

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
It must be getting close to Internationals time.

There have been low blows going left right and centre this week but it seems like we have all realised the ref is watching and have decided to put our hands up, appologise and shake hands so we dont get sent off. Bit like the Todd Clever/JOC (James O'Connor) incident the other week. The sportal chumps would be questioning our sexuality.

P

PhucNgo

the gambler said:
It must be getting close to Internationals time.

There have been low blows going left right and centre this week but it seems like we have all realised the ref is watching and have decided to put our hands up, appologise and shake hands so we dont get sent off. Bit like the Todd Clever/JOC (James O'Connor) incident the other week. The sportal chumps would be questioning our sexuality.

Viva le Internatioanle! There's way too much manlove going on here for my liking. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.