• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Dewar Shield 2017 & other Vic comps

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Checking back in after a while..comments

As a PH man, the fact that we were not fielding 2nd and 3rd grades is not good at all, embarrassing. While not all comments above are 100% warranted there's every right for opposition players, the VRU and forum members to have the shits with PH. How do we fix it? NFI! Strategies and ideas surely welcome lakeside.

Footscray - love their momentum and spirit. Tia has them playing good footy and for everyone writing them off BH will be looking a little more edgy than they did during the year when they face them in finals.

Axemen - awesome news. The senior players have missed this step in the 'pathway' and it can only help, regardless of the cost or who they play.

Burger - hands down it is BH. Footscray had them for a while but out and out it has to be BH.

GF winner? Quins

200.webp

Don't forget Footscray beat BH last time they played.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone bold enough to tip the winners? I'd say.......

Prems 1 - Quins
Prems 2 - Moorabbin
Prems 3 - Melbourne
Division 2 - Eltham
Division 3 - Melbourne
Womens - Uni Norths
Colts - Quins

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone bold enough to tip the winners? I'd say...

Prems 1 - Quins
Prems 2 - Moorabbin
Prems 3 - Melbourne
Division 2 - Eltham
Division 3 - Melbourne
Womens - Uni Norths
Colts - Quins

Not sure what Moorabbin have in P2 but I watched Melbourne trounce Quins last week and they looked a very good team with a number of guys that have played a fair bit of 1st Grade over their careers so I reckon they will be very hard to beat. And that is not even counting if their P1 doesn't make it through and they pick up some other players dropping back.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Fixtures for this weekend:

P1 - Quins v Melbourne
P2 - Melbourne v Quins
P3 - Melbourne v Box Hill
A Grade - Eltham v Kiwi Hawthorn
B Grade - Melbourne v Kiwi Hawthorn
Colts - Quins v Melbourne Uni
Womens - Uni Panthers v Melbourne

There is also a masters game on but I can't find the teams.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
As a curtain raiser to the 1st Grand Final, Quins u10's will Play Racing U10's. It will be such a thrill for all the boys involved.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Game of the day right there, those sort of games usually get the loudest cheers.

Agreed. They are always fun.

Forgot to mention; both teams get to clap on the first-grade sides. That will be one hell of a thrill too.

No doubt some good work was done by Craig McGrath to help organize this match and probably helped by others too. They were originally slated to play at Kiwi, but then the last minute change.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Not a bad wee team there.

Not saying it's a team that'll push the NRC boys (assuming the Pros are played and play at full intensity) but there'll be at least two or three in there looking to make a point to the Rising coaches.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Don't think one of them will be "Handlebars" Hamilton. He's said to me before that he's not interested in Rising, but that's not to say he hasn't changed his mind.

Suprised to see Valentini isn't in the Rising squad.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, it's been commented on before that there are some who don't have the Pro ambitions.

But maybe there are a couple of guys like Isiah Leota who don't feel the same way that Gus does.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yeah, it's been commented on before that there are some who don't have the Pro ambitions.

But maybe there are a couple of guys like Isiah Leota who don't feel the same way that Gus does.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep, highly likely that some players in the Axeman squad hold ambitions of playing pro-Rugby. And good on them too.

I know Gus is a full-blown Architect now, so is probably focusing his energy on that. Also, he seems to be a model for the coolest moustache in Melbourne.

Axemen

Allen Oxlade (6)
Don't think one of them will be "Handlebars" Hamilton. He's said to me before that he's not interested in Rising, but that's not to say he hasn't changed his mind.

Suprised to see Valentini isn't in the Rising squad.

Valetini didn't play in the GF due to injury, didn't play in any of the Finals - so I am guessing that will be keeping him out - surprised he was listed in Axemen for that very reason.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
He's Japanese, and without insulting Yamada's undeniable skills, the fact he does not count in their capped number of foreigners makes it far easier to get a contract.

He has been in Melbourne for a number of years right? I wouldn't have guessed he had professional aspirations, unless his work away from Rugby also made him an attractive option for NEC and he is a part-timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.