• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Did Tapuai butcher a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Did he butcher a try: Yes.

Would I still pick him at 12 over anyone else but O'Connor: Yes.

I remember beale butchering a try against Fiji in 2010 with a stupid grubber kick.

Bernie_Larkham

Herbert Moran (7)
Yep we should have scored. A couple of problems though - Taps was flat out after beating his marker. Harris and Cummins not after being caught flat. Never easy to hit a target in that situation but I believe the main reason was Harris line. Watch it again, he runs a terrible line, basically right next to and slightly behind Taps.

Taps straightened enough but Harris didn't make a decision whatsoever, neithe back inside or an outside line. I'd sayyid he gne inside Taps would have hit Cummins, had he gone to a decent outside line he'd have hit Harris.

In short I reckon he wanted or thought that it would be a shorter pass to either one in the scenario above. Harris fucked his line and that caused indecision and the moment was lost.

Another reason Harris isn't a 15s ass but yeah he should and normally would have passed. Ucharacteristic from Taps, that's what all these muppets don't understand whereas with Hirne the league player, that's his standard, a bit like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It's not like he pulled a Horne.
Which is what, exactly?
Don't worry.
This thread is idiotic.
Tapuai missed a try-scoring opportunity; Horne missed 2, including one he actually scored apparently. It happens.
If the point of the thread, or any response, is to lapse into mindless parochial sniping and finger-pointing, it is a waste of bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.