• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Digby WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Man this thread is on the verge of going to shit very quickly. Some pretty fucking arrogant comments being posted. You guys are better than that surely.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Man this thread is on the verge of going to shit very quickly.

This and many others..... :)

I agree that it's a storm in a teacup but public perceptions are formed pretty quick these days and this sort of off field stuff isn't ideal during a big occasion.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
As a long term atheist and as much as I like Rathbone (what he does for the image of those struggling with mental illness is awesome), I think it's a shit effort to call somebody out on their faith in such a public way.

Play the man or the event not his belief system.

The second sentence was perhaps unnecessary, but Clyde's point is well made. Digby's tweet is arrogant, considering the bad press he just gave his team. Just because he wants to spout religious clichés in response doesn't make what he says above reproach.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The second sentence was perhaps unnecessary, but Clyde's point is well made. Digby's tweet is arrogant, considering the bad press he just gave his team. Just because he wants to spout religious clichés in response doesn't make what he says above reproach.

Yep and that's why I agree with the first part of Clyde's tweet. There are actual courts of law that will judge you, so enough of that other stuff because it just makes him look like an idiot.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
It is a persons right to hold whatever beliefs they choose. And it is other people's right to point it out if what they believe is utterly fucking ridiculous.

Only god can judge me????? What, is he above the law?

I think he should be greatful Clyde didn't call him and Arseclown at the end.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Can someone please post me a link to the sensational/inaccurate/inflammatory media stories he's objecting to? I've only found the usual sources which I thought were fairly measured; I'd like to read the shockers he's referring to as well.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I just think he is confused about God judging him in heaven and rugby being the game they play in heaven. He may think he is already there.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Does that mean God is Robbie Deans?

Anyone know what game they play in hell?

This is interesting because Robbie could very well be the creator in this metaphor. However his game plan is from hell. We are going to need to to tease out how this all goes together for Diggers sake.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can someone please post me a link to the sensational/inaccurate/inflammatory media stories he's objecting to? I've only found the usual sources which I thought were fairly measured; I'd like to read the shockers he's referring to as well.

They probably don't exist Cat, because for blokes like Diggers everyone's out to get you, MAN! He really has made a twit out of himself (no pun intended).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

I believe he objected to all of the articles.No matter how measured the reporting was.Each article demonstrated that Digby was either too stupid,or too arrogant to comply with a summons.
This mentality that he is beyond reproach is understandable when you consider that these guys are surrounded by sycophants that are forever telling them they are gods gift.
Then the CEO comes out and claims it is a storm in a teacup!
I think I am more disappointed in Pulver than Digby.
He is no leader,but might be a good spin doctor.
I can tell you now,where this game will be in 5 years time...
Wherever the line of least resistance takes us.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Digby's theology is not too flash, assuming that the quote (Only God can judge me) is correct. One of the many famous sayings of Jesus which is recorded in all three of the synoptic Gospels clearly indicates that Jesus' teachings require citizens to accept civil authority. "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" - Matthew 22, 15-22; Mark 12, 13-17; Luke 20, 20-26.

Digby can indeed be judged for a civil (or criminal) offence by an earthly authority, according to these teachings.

I am not interested in debating theism, or atheism, chaps. I am only interested in debating Digby's theology, which I assert is flawed.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Digby's theology is not too flash, assuming that the quote (Only God can judge me) is correct. One of the many famous sayings of Jesus which is recorded in all three of the synoptic Gospels clearly indicates that Jesus' teachings require citizens to accept civil authority. "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's" - Matthew 22, 15-22; Mark 12, 13-17; Luke 20, 20-26.

Digby can indeed be judged for a civil (or criminal) offence by an earthly authority, according to these teachings.

I am not interested in debating theism, or atheism, chaps. I am only interested in debating Digby's theology, which I assert is flawed.

Holy crap..... you just brought back nightmares from year 8 Religious Education.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Holy crap... you just brought back nightmares from year 8 Religious Education.

Theology is one of the most interesting areas of human thought, IMHO.

There is some evidence that we (homo sapiens, that is) starting pondering the deep imponderables quite early in our development, maybe 50,000 years ago.

Incidentally, I believe that theology is interesting, whether or not you choose to accept some or all of the tenets of monotheism - just as Shakespeare's work is interesting, whether or not you believe that there really was a Prince of Denmark called Hamlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.