• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Digby WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A little oversight with normally no real consequences or media interest if you are Joe the Plumber.

For the most recent graduate into Club Muppet, in the middle of the Lions series.... Not clever. This is a distraction that is not needed and is taking some of the focus off the awesome aspects of our great International game.

None of the other codes can come close.

Soccer will have one off great matches in Aus which will draw the crowds (mostly local) and have a great atmosphere, but they never have a sustained series with large numbers of fanatical international visitors in the caravan.

Mungoball. State of Origin is about as good as it gets.
Contact Netball. Not played anywhere else. Enough rabidly fanatical Southern and Western Staters as it is thank you very much.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I've found a picture of Digby with his lawyer in Court yesterday trying to straighten this mess out
CastleR4c.jpg

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

As when The Pulveriser termed KB (Kurtley Beale) a 'national treasure', I find his odd reference to a formal assault charge leading to an arrest warrant regarding one his highest profile players 'just a storm in a teacup' rather disappointing, and certainly not the best judgement as the code's leader in Australia.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
As a long term atheist and as much as I like Rathbone (what he does for the image of those struggling with mental illness is awesome), I think it's a shit effort to call somebody out on their faith in such a public way.

Play the man or the event not his belief system.

I reckon if he'd said the first sentence only it would have been OK. The second was a little uncharitable, I agree. I'm an atheist also, but I'm also not in the business of lampooning someone's religious beliefs if they aren't hurting anyone.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
That is pretty much what he said in the first sentence Zander! what he actually said was that it was bad form to publicly criticize someone's faith.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Exactly, this isn't the stone ages, it's not criticising someone's faith anymore.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
As a long term atheist and as much as I like Rathbone (what he does for the image of those struggling with mental illness is awesome), I think it's a shit effort to call somebody out on their faith in such a public way.

Play the man or the event not his belief system.

Nah, if the "man" says something as utterly stupid as that, he deserves to be called out

Status
Not open for further replies.