• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Digby WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Never seen it.:)

Its about these Welsh gits who decide that the rugby world is being ruined by a conspiracy between the southern hemisphere nations to ensure that dodgy rulings are made on the field and are supported by dodgy rulings in any judiciary hearings. Its good.

If somewhat repetitive.:cool:

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Its about these Welsh gits who decide that the rugby world is being ruined by a conspiracy between the southern hemisphere nations to ensure that dodgy rulings are made on the field and are supported by dodgy rulings in any judiciary hearings. Its good.

If somewhat repetitive.:cool:
Krikey what makes you think I would like something like that when I can watch the lions V Oz and get the real thing.;)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Wonder if the police have any leads on where he is.

I will help

Saturday 29 June - Qantas Wallabies v British & Irish Lions (2nd Test), Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
6.50pm - Warm up commences
8.00pm - Kick off, Qantas Wallabies v Lions

Fuckit biggsy, they'll gallop out on horseback and taser him just as he goes to score the winning try. He'll drop it cold with all that taser in him. Can't see us winning now you have put this tip in to the cops.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Yep they always do. Beale, a new south welshman playing (or not playing) for a Victorian team hits Delve (a real Welshman) and Vuna an Australianised Kiwi whilst on tour in Zud Afrika.
But I read about the event in the Courier Mail I thought they only reported on events within Qld borders........ Wow how cosmopolitan of them. ;)

Reactions: BPC

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
My mate Inside shoulder seems to have gone when we were just getting to know each other, perhaps he's having a busy day at the office, no matter I'm sure he'll be back when he thinks of something to say.:)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
My mate Inside shoulder seems to have gone when we were just getting to know each other, perhaps he's having a busy day at the office, no matter I'm sure he'll be back when he thinks of something to say.:)
What exactly does this add to the conversation? If you can't stay on topic it's better to not post at all.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Maybe the judge is a Reds fan and will make Digby surrender his passport, meaning he will play 12 games for the Reds each season and any finals that are to be played in Australia.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Maybe the judge is a Reds fan and will make Digby surrender his passport, meaning he will play 12 games for the Reds each season and any finals that are to be played in Australia.

I like this a lot and think you are closer to the truth than we realise. They'll sort it so he can travel with the Reds as well though.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Being "sarcastic" is not really the point - I never mentioned Deans. given the incidents that have marked the last 3 -4 years, and I cannot recall them all, one has to wonder how such a small group of young men, who are variously highly paid, highly motivated and largely, well-educated people, can find themselves involved in such a succession of such incidents.. what IS the team culture here?.

It also cannot be ignored that the number of incidents ionvolving Wallaby Squad members seems to be greatly out-numbering those incidents involving non-wallabies.

particularly when we rarely hear of such incidents from - say, the AIGs, across the ditch. These are not small matters we are hearing about - and not so long ago, would have been considered so rare, as to have not even been associated with the Wallaby Brand, at all.

post note: I do not know the details of the incident - and do not assume that Ioane was either the instigator, or necessarilly at fault, but there is obviously a case to answer, and the Team Management should be held accountable for why he was not present in Melbourne on Monday - as well as Digby, himself.

It is a stretch to describe these guys as well educated.
Team culture? I think none of these incidents have occurred in Wallaby camp,so if we are blaming cultures it is their primary employers (Super franchises)
Why has team management got anything to do with this?
Despite the number of criminals in the squad,I don't think it has got to the stage whereby normal Team management practice should be to scan court notices across the land to make sure the boyz are appearing when they are due in the dock.
Why is it always someone else's fault?
If some fuckwit is charged with a criminal offence and thinks so little of it,HE forgets his court date.It's plain to me who is at fault.
He also has a family and a manager.
Tell me,when you last forgot a court date and had a warrant for your arrest issued, how many of your senior managers were sacked for not ensuring you turned up?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
post note: I do not know the details of the incident - and do not assume that Ioane was either the instigator, or necessarilly at fault, but there is obviously a case to answer, and the Team Management should be held accountable for why he was not present in Melbourne on Monday - as well as Digby, himself.

That's right its never the players fault to take responsibility for his own actions or take meet their own responsibilities. Lets blame someone else.

Maybe he didn't even inform the ARU of his court date

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
a bit touchy aren't we?...

i think if you read my post, I actually said that I don't KNOW the details of the incident, and make no assumptions regarding his fault or otherwise... I am however happy to give him some benefit of the doubt until I find out more about the circumstances, that seems to upset you - are you so insecure?

Maybe he didn't inform the ARU - I don't know - but I am very interested to find out... in normal circumstances one would have expected the player, or his manager, to be talking to management inside the Wallaby camp (about the logistics for his departure to melbourne), prior to saturday's match - given he would likely have had to leave on the Sunday, and therE were likely to be Sunday commitments within the Team...

Added to that, his legal representation - if there was any, were unable to prevent a warrant being issued, which suggests that perhaps there is in fact, some background leading up to his non-appearance...

Whilst I don't expect the tale to be particularly gripping, I think there is more specifics to come out of this than what appears in the news so far - and I expect the ARU statement may clear up a few loose ends...

in summary, I have not read anything about the details of the assault, and so I no more assume that Ioane was the instigator, or at fault, than I assume the other fellow was... Having said that, I have some doubts that D.I. would walk up to a nameless stranger in a public place and start mouthing off, whereas in the reverse situation... ?

Wasn't Quade Cooper having drinks thrown over him in Melbourne the other week? Hardly sounded like "the players fault to take responsibility for his own actions or take meet their own responsibilities. Lets blame someone else" applied in that case, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.