• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Easts 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Out of curiosity would you be able to shed any light on where the established first graders are departing to, in particular Windsor, Irwin, Lavin, Stanford, Johnson? Did Windsor pick up a contract somewhere after his impressive NRC campaign?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Out of curiosity would you be able to shed any light on where the established first graders are departing to, in particular Windsor, Irwin, Lavin, Stanford, Johnson? Did Windsor pick up a contract somewhere after his impressive NRC campaign?

In reply to my own question Sam Windsor has signed with Worcester in England. Good to see him get picked up after a strong NRC, shame its not in Australia though..

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't Sam Windsor spend time previously in NH with Leinster and Blackheath?

Does he have a EURO (UK or Irish) grandparent or something to give him a EU passport?

He had a very good NRC for NSW Country.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
There is a rumor in the Subbies 2015 thread that some former Easts players are heading to Balmain in the Sydney Subbies comp. Maybe De-Barts has been in their ears along with Crossy???

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Is it just me, but does anyone else think that "accepting" 8 players from Penrith is a pretty low act?
I realise that all clubs have players who originated at other clubs,& even Penrith have one or two of these, & I also realise
that players can go where they like, & that these players have been offered around to other clubs as a "job lot" by their management.
But should there not be a line drawn as to what is good for your club & to hell with the consequences for another club struggling to survive,in an
area where Rugby as a whole is struggling & needs & deserves some support from the other clubs in the competition?
It's a matter of principle surely,or is cynicism the rule these days?

Hope they got a fuel card or at least can car pool , heading to the Eastern Suburbs from the outer west a couple of times a week for training will cost them in fuel and tolls o_O

I do agree its not the best, though everyone is trying to take out the SS.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Heard whispers of a Brodie Squared front row, with Rhys moving from Uni to the Beasts to play with brother Clay.

Also I've now heard from three independent sources that Angus Pulver will also be moving from the Corporation to Woollahra Oval for 2015. Guess that confirms @Inside Shoulder's story above.

Any word on trial matches: dates, locations and opponents?

BeastieBoy

Herbert Moran (7)
Times have changed. There is hardly any money around in club land. The board room is changed. There are a lot more business types there. On reflection they have had the skills to get the sponsorships going and the smarts to not blow our money on the NRC. So ok. But I'm told we lost practically all of last years first grade. Well if that's because we brought all those penrith guys in not good. How can we breed loyalty. What will the junior parents think? Pulver as halfback. Is he that good he can jump into first grade? What does the previous second grade halfback think? We have attracted a lot of Randwick juniors this year, causing some easts ones to leave. I'm told we charge juniors $350 per year. How will this attract kids in he area. We seem to be using these professional sourcing of players now at all levels, ie the best perceived player for the job. I guess the board are striving for success using all means at their disposal in order to keep the game ticking over in the area.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I can only assume from the way you have written this that you haven't actually seen them play or been down to Woollahra for a while or noticed that there are no Easts teams in the state champs after about U13s (because they get tied up in their school's rugby).
You also seem to have overlooked the fact that clubs with the ability to offer "collateral benefits" have picked up easts' juniors on them leaving school.
Based on my info the Penrith recruits were not whisked into 1st grade and it is only recently that, for instance, the Penrith 5/8 has got a start in 1sts.
As for Pulver based on my very limited viewing of him this year he deserved a go in 1s and I dont think he came to Easts for anything other than the chance to play 1st grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.