• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

End of Year Tour 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)

The reason we dropped to 5th was due to our early exit in the World Cup.

Otherwise Australia was generally ranked around 2nd/3rd under Connolly too.

So we haven't gotten better under Deans.

Totally agree we haven't got better under Deans. What's more, the Wallabies are now playing like 5th rankers. Hard for anyone to argue otherwise.

A return to being a contender for the top of the heap will take a while and take a change of leadership. I'm optomistic that we can get our house in order to make a creditable run to RWC2015 as long as we make a change soon. We have a great batch of young players that just need quality leadership speaking a language they can understand.

If the powers that be continue to paper over this mediocre crap, look forward to more of the same.

I think Deans should be allowed to continue to the end of the tour, then be given the choice to jump or be pushed. He'll take the pushed option as he is one stubborn mule - just look at how long he sticks to obviously shit selections and tactics.

If I was him, I'd be brushing up on my Japanese or French.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
ROFL. Wales has been consecutively beaten at home, at their so called fortress. Suddenly makes our problems less of an issue.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Totally agree we haven't got better under Deans. What's more, the Wallabies are now playing like 5th rankers. Hard for anyone to argue otherwise.

A return to being a contender for the top of the heap will take a while and take a change of leadership. I'm optomistic that we can get our house in order to make a creditable run to RWC2015 as long as we make a change soon. We have a great batch of young players that just need quality leadership speaking a language they can understand.
I don't think so. We have some amazing talent at our disposal and if most are fit it will just take a little direction for them to be once again challenging the top side(s).
Agreed we need some changes in the way we play the game now but we have the personnel required to be right at the pointy end of world rugby in short order

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Looks like the other games aren't being broadcast by Fox. Rubbish. Wouldn't mind watching the Azzurri and Darkness.

doleq

Allen Oxlade (6)
Fox 2 showing it at 8am. Hopefully the Azzuri scrum can molest the All Blacks like they did at the San Siro. Scotland v SA on at 4.

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't think so. We have some amazing talent at our disposal and if most are fit it will just take a little direction for them to be once again challenging the top side(s).
Agreed we need some changes in the way we play the game now but we have the personnel required to be right at the pointy end of world rugby in short order

You may well be right, but it usually takes a couple of years to get to be dominant. I'm not talking about second best.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
ROFL. Wales has been consecutively beaten at home, at their so called fortress. Suddenly makes our problems less of an issue.
Or the other school of thought is that they will be stung by these recent losses and will come out with some extra attitude. I think they probably already have a chip on their shoulder about us, last thing they need is more ammunition.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
We don't need anymore centres on this tour.

They could've sent over someone who had earned the opportunity like Mogg, Betham, Morahan, or Coleman.
Ok you don't like big hard running centers like Inman. I get it. And you have undying loyalty for McCabe. Whatever. By to suggest betham has earned a wallaby cap off npc performance is absurd, and I like betham.
Coleman?? Ridiculous
Mogg - ok but he has had one season and he slowed off at the tail end. That call is no better than Inman.
Morahan is injured. Busted his knee in 7s.
Inman can at least bust tackles unlike McCabe!

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
McCabe has a small fracture in his neck. I wonder how long he has been carrying that.

P

Paradox

Ok you don't like big hard running centers like Inman. I get it. And you have undying loyalty for McCabe. Whatever. By to suggest betham has earned a wallaby cap off npc performance is absurd, and I like betham.
Coleman?? Ridiculous
Mogg - ok but he has had one season and he slowed off at the tail end. That call is no better than Inman.
Morahan is injured. Busted his knee in 7s.
Inman can at least bust tackles unlike McCabe!

Actually, Andrew Smith had a better season than Inman but he is not international class (nor is Inman).

Status
Not open for further replies.