• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v All Blacks, Twickers, 17 November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

It's the 12 year anniversary of Richie McCaw's man-of-the-match All Black debut and, while some people are saying he's past it now, I think he will give one of the best performances of his career.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
I think the AB's will have last years match very much on their minds and a hiding for the poms is most likely.i doubt if they will use last years excuse of being disinterested after a long season.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
The English are down to their fourth choice loosehead and haven't been looking anything like world beaters this Spring.

Most (all) teams lift their game against the AB's and I can't see this being any different.

All Blacks by 12 however.

M

Muttonbird

I'm not a coach yet but it must be very difficult to get any team motivated for every single match of the season. However, even after the heights of the RC winning victory at Ellis Park this one shouldn't be a problem. It's England after all.

The fact they (England) are using the excuse that they are down to their fourth choice LH prop does not wash with me. The ABs won a RWC with the fourth choice 10 kicking the winning goal in the final in an ill-fitting shirt. Deal with it.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
The fact they (England) are using the excuse that they are down to their fourth choice LH prop does not wash with me. The ABs won a RWC with the fourth choice 10 kicking the winning goal in the final in an ill-fitting shirt. Deal with it.

I'm not using it as an excuse either, i'm merely stating a fact.

Also I feel that with NZ having to bring back 'Beaver' for the RWC final and England being forced to use a one test prop in Mullen that we have a different kettle of fish.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
last year's abberation was an unfortunate mixture of England playing very well, after having been pretty average throughout the November fixtures, and then many of the All Blacks playing well below their standards (the 10-12-13 combo in the backs, and probably many of the forwards, but my mind is a bit shady on the details, only watched the horror the one time). Carter missing every single kick in the 1st half certainly didn't help.

If you'd put together a combined team you'd struggle to find a place for any England player outside the frontrow.
Realistically, I guess the ABs are about 15 points better, and should win by this margin. A bit worried about the scrum, which has gone backwards in huge strides since A) Brad Thorn left and B) the new rules were introduced. But should come good overall.

Then again, the English been pretty average this November, too, and I wouldn't have had any England player in a combined team bar frontrowers last year, either...

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Never before have I wanted to thump the English so much. I can't take another year of my pommie work mates saying how they are better. Come on boys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Do the English genuinely think they're in with a chance?

Re. 2012, I know the ABs have said that spending 12 hours prior to the game on the toilet with norovirus isn't an excuse but let's be serious. If half your team is bunged up with imodium and drip-fed fluids you're not going to be at your best. The Poms got away with a sly victory but they're in for a proper spanking this weekend.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I really hope the AB's murder the Poms this weekend. If there is one team in world rugby I love to watch getting flogged, it's the English.

So true. Being a child of the 80s i've been used to insipid English sport teams and the recent resurgence, particularly the insufferable cockiness, isn't sitting well.

There's nothing better than seeing the Poms revert back to their meek role of the Antipodeans' whipping boys.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
England no chance with their current backline.

Their tight five is quite strong and has good depth, but apart from maybe Mike Brown, no one Iin that backline looks like doing anything. Bit difficult when you have Carter, Smith, Dagg ect running at you all day.

Their kick chase will have to improve heaps from last week as well.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
All Blacks

1. Tony Woodcock (106)
2. Keven Mealamu (109)
3. Owen Franks (52)
4. Brodie Retallick (22)
5. Samuel Whitelock (49)
6. Liam Messam (27)
7. Richie McCaw - captain (122)
8. Kieran Read (59)
9. Aaron Smith (24)
10. Daniel Carter (99)
11. Julian Savea (18)
12. Ma'a Nonu (86)
13. Ben Smith (24)
14. Charles Piutau (9)
15. Israel Dagg (36)
Reserves:
16. Dane Coles (13)
17. Wyatt Crockett (22)
18. Charlie Faumuina (15)
19. Luke Romano (15)
20. Steven Luatua (9)
21. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (13)
22. Aaron Cruden (27)
23. Ryan Crotty (3)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
All Blacks

1. Tony Woodcock (106)
2. Keven Mealamu (109)
3. Owen Franks (52)
4. Brodie Retallick (22)
5. Samuel Whitelock (49)
6. Liam Messam (27)
7. Richie McCaw - captain (122)
8. Kieran Read (59)
9. Aaron Smith (24)
10. Daniel Carter (99)
11. Julian Savea (18)
12. Ma'a Nonu (86)
13. Ben Smith (24)
14. Charles Piutau (9)
15. Israel Dagg (36)
Reserves:
16. Dane Coles (13)
17. Wyatt Crockett (22)
19. Luke Romano (15)
20. Steven Luatua (9)
21. Tawera Kerr-Barlow (13)
22. Aaron Cruden (27)
23. Ryan Crotty (3)

Such a strong team.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
All Blacks

1. Tony Woodcock (106)
2. Keven Mealamu (109)
3. Owen Franks (52)

Reserves:
16. Dane Coles (13)
17. Wyatt Crockett (22)

Surprised to see Andrew Hore not getting a run in what is his farewell tour.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I hope the Poms get absolutely hammered. It sucked losing to them and their arrogance is so misplaced.

(On a side note, over 250 games just between the AB front row, that is impressive.)

Is this DC's 100th?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not sure whether to support our Antipodean cousins, who are looking to go undefeated by belting a smug Pom side, or to support the Poms to beat the world champions.

I hope it's a torrid affair, and penalties are kicked all day.
Please let the game result be 12-12 ;)

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not sure whether to support our Antipodean cousins, who are looking to go undefeated by belting a smug Pom side, or to support the Poms to beat the world champions.

I hope it's a torrid affair, and penalties are kicked all day.
Please let the game result be 12-12 ;)

Think what you will of the AB's, but I will always barrack for the Southern Hemisphere side when they are playing a team from the Northern Hemisphere. Doubly so if that side happens to be England.

Status
Not open for further replies.