• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v All Blacks, Twickers, 17 November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muttonbird

If some people get their wish and Richie McCaw has a terrible game then the English could win at home, which is what you'd expect them to do. Every team should win at home.

M

Muttonbird

I don't know anything about Setanta. I just googled it and it's an online thing, right? Question: can you buy one-off matches or do you have to subscribe?

reidstah

Frank Row (1)
I think that's about the gist of it MB,
Not sure if you can get one off matches but a quick look and i think you pay something like $16 for a single month.

I'm cancelling my Foxtel account and will use Setanta from now on I think.

M

Muttonbird

Thanks reidstah. Not available in NZ. I'll do what I always do and watch a pirated feed live, and if the ABs win I'll re-watch the delayed free coverage. Bit of a shame that the money men have taken the All Blacks away from regular people in NZ.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Not sure if you can get one off matches but a quick look and i think you pay something like $16 for a single month.

I'm cancelling my Foxtel account and will use Setanta from now on I think.

As far as I know you have to subscribe to Foxtel and get Setanta as an add-on in Australia—at least that is how I signed up yonks ago. They don't have Super Rugby or Rugby Championship games, or the ITM or Currie Cup stuff - that is all Foxtel in Oz; so you would be wise to keep Foxtel.

I've subscribed to Setanta as an add-on for years and it's good value for a rugby fanatic because you get as may Rabo and Aviva games as you want to watch in any week, plus the bonus of the EOYT England games versus SH teams (except Oz which is on Foxtel).

And if you like the round ball game, GAA and the mad game of hurling you get product you won't see on Foxtel.

Be warned that Setanta doesn't offer HD.

The England v NZ game starts at 1.23am and the replay of lasts year's Pom victory v NZ is on before it at 11.40pm.

You can sign up in 5 minutes - just give them a call. You can't subscribe to individual games—or at least that was the case when I signed up.

I wouldn't blame the (England) RU because they are doing their job in getting the best TV deal for themselves.

PS - I am surprised that the game is not live in NZ as Muttonbird mentioned. The England v. Wobs game was live in Oz on Foxtel—but it may be the case that it is a wheel within a wheel in another country.

M

Muttonbird

PS - I am surprised that the game is not live in NZ as Muttonbird mentioned. The England v. Wobs game was live in Oz on Foxtel—but it may be the case that it is a wheel within a wheel in another country.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. It is live on Sky TV which I don't subscribe to because of the cost. All All Black games are screened in NZ free to air delayed on a Sky subsidiary called PRIME. For instance, the game ENG v NZ is at 0330 NZST live on SKY and delayed at 1530 NZST free to air on PRIME. It's a 12 hour delay.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Now I understand. Anybody - was the England v Wobs match on free to air TV in Oz?

That 12 hour delay would be a problem in NZ.

It wouldn't be a problem getting around Sydney waiting for a delayed Wallabies game overseas for 12 hours to see it without knowing the result - but in NZ it would be impossible with an All Black game.

The dog would tell you who won and by how much.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
NZ first try in 2nd minute after Nonu kicks through to corner and ABs get lineout. England over-commit and Savea scores.

7-0 NZ

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm watching Fiji v Italy. TMO getting a work out & if Fiji don't stop getting carded they'll be playing 7's soon.

Appreciate updates on the AB's v England game. Would have preferred that game to Wales v Argies TBH.

Update: Fiji have something like 4 in the bin, can't make this stuff up. Game might have to be called off, lol.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Frustrating watching Argentina play. They attack so well and then just throw It away. Wish I could be watching NZ England

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
10 min Eng hold up NZ maul and get scrum. Messy ball for Eng and NZ get ball.

NZ getting over gain-line, not like last year. Kieran Read looking good.

Foden "scores" intercept try but NZ has PK advantage for Robshaw "coming in the side". Carter slots goal.

13 min 10-3 NZ

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Foden's crowd try was magnificent. He was so happy, getting into a full on celebration before he realised it was a penalty 80m away.

Status
Not open for further replies.