• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v All Blacks, Twickers, 17 November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
As much as I rate Joubert he missed a lot here.

England’s only try was an offside bumbling effort and 2 of the penalties they scored from should never have been awarded. Not to mention their blatant running interference that went unpunished twice.

How good is it to see those fucking arrogant Poms losing even with being favoured by the ref.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
I’m interested to get an Aussie perspective on this:

There are a growing and vocal number of people in NZ calling for Cruden to be selected ahead of Carter, and McCaw to step aside for Sam Cane.

Is it just my bias, or are they all fucking mad?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Haven't caught the match yet but did just watch the Kapa O Pango on Youtube and I have to say Messam had chills going up my spine by the middle of it, awesome stuff.

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
I'd say after Carter's sabbatical Cruden will be the AB's 1st choice 10. While he's still world class, Carter seems to be slowing down a bit. Richie still has it too, but Cane is pretty damn close.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’m interested to get an Aussie perspective on this:

There are a growing and vocal number of people in NZ calling for Cruden to be selected ahead of Carter, and McCaw to step aside for Sam Cane.

Is it just my bias, or are they all fucking mad?
Right now Cruden is ahead of Carter, he has been all year. It was insane to not let Carter get his 100th though, so with Carter injured in the game last night it's a good time to make the change.

McCaw still owns his spot because of his leadership and experience, despite being on par with Sam Cane in terms of playing ability.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
33715.jpg

Can't say Robshaw held back. He's been very good the last 3 Tests. I think he has a great combo with Wood at 6 and 7. England's forwards were arguably better than NZ's - their backs just had nothing in attack. Tuilagi would help them a lot.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Interesting to hear these views but when you look at the stats Carter deserves his spot still.

He is stronger on defence, his goal kicking is better, his kicking meters are greater, and the backline functions with more fluidity when he's there. How could you start Cruden?

It seems that most of the more respected rugby brains here concur anyway.

Don't forget Barrett either! I think long term he offers more than Cruden.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Interesting to hear these views but when you look at the stats Carter deserves his spot still.

He is stronger on defence, his goal kicking is better, his kicking meters are greater, and the backline functions with more fluidity when he's there. How could you start Cruden?

It seems that most of the more respected rugby brains here concur anyway.

Don't forget Barrett either! I think long term he offers more than Cruden.

I think you are right on the money there, Cruden may well be leapfrogged by both Barrett and Taylor. I'm thinking we are kicking too much at present,hence the high penalty count. England never looked like scoring a try. Their cleanouts at the ruck were very good but otherwise I don't think they offered too much in this game.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
That's the one I disagree with - Even if the stats say Carter makes more tackles, Cruden makes big tackles and makes them often. When he is at 10 the opposition generally doesn't function as well.

????? Not sure what games you've been watching there!!??
Don't get me wrong. I really rate Cruden as a player and a good bloke, BUT, he's NOT the defender Carter is.
Cruden's defence has improved but he's still too weak there.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The problem with McCaw now is that he isn't quick enough to play the traditional 7 role. He can't get to the rucks quick enough like he used to effect the steals. But his linking role and all around work is so good you can't discard him.

He should actually be playing 6 now, but your 6's are so good he isn't going to get that spot either.

Having said that, I would be shocked if either McCaw or Carter made the 15RWC in their starting positions. They are both just too injury prone and they aren't getting any younger.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Carter is past it, and Cruden injury prone.

NZ need to look overseas to their World Cup Medal winner Five Eighth in Donald. Getting him back in the 23 is the only way that they will build the necessary momentum needed for RWC 2015.

To prove this point, the Duck needs to be the starting 10 in the 2014 Bledisloe games.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Carter is past it, and Cruden injury prone.

NZ need to look overseas to their World Cup Medal winner Five Eighth in Donald. Getting him back in the 23 is the only way that they will build the necessary momentum needed for RWC 2015.

To prove this point, the Duck needs to be the starting 10 in the 2014 Bledisloe games.

I like Beaver (can you believe his nickname isn't duck?). But despite his World Cup heroics most kiwis are suss on him. Doubt he will ever be first choice starting 10 for the AB's with Barrett, Taylor and Sopoaga comeing along nicely.

But having posted the above it now comes to me you may be fishing. ;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I like Beaver (can you believe his nickname isn't duck?). But despite his World Cup heroics most kiwis are suss on him. Doubt he will ever be first choice starting 10 for the AB's with Barrett, Taylor and Sopoaga comeing along nicely.

But having posted the above it now comes to me you may be fishing. ;)

By Geez Charger, you a bit hungover today, not like you to take such easy bait:p

Status
Not open for further replies.