• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Article today on FoxSports by Doran, questioning whether "finishers" counts any more.

Gotta say, Doran is doing his best to fill the hole left by Growden's negativity in the mainstream press.

Kev

Herbert Moran (7)
So what are the chances England can break the All Blacks winning record? Win this then it is on to the Six Nations. They play Ireland last who on current form are the only side I can see them losing too. Stay undefeated and that is 7 games - 20 tests.

Guess the Wallabies really need to win this weekend. Not sure if it is worse that the Poms or Kiwis hold the record.

I would rather the kiwis by a long shot. NZ is pretty much another territory/state of Aus anyways, so what's theirs is ours :p

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Article today on FoxSports by Doran, questioning whether "finishers" counts any more.

Gotta say, Doran is doing his best to fill the hole left by Growden's negativity in the mainstream press.

True article - proof is in the pudding.

Replacements should be made, especially in the tight 5 with 20-30 minutes to go. That way they can get into the game.

Probably the same with the rest.

Only time you don't do that is when the starting player is absolutely dominating. That hasn't happen too much on this tour.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
So what are the chances England can break the All Blacks winning record? Win this then it is on to the Six Nations. They play Ireland last who on current form are the only side I can see them losing too. Stay undefeated and that is 7 games - 20 tests.

Guess the Wallabies really need to win this weekend. Not sure if it is worse that the Poms or Kiwis hold the record.
Much worse that the Poms would hold it.
Our mate Eddy is enjoying our current troubles way too much for my liking.
And any way,I'm used to the AB's ruling the world.
I'm still getting used to Trump,so I can't handle any more shifts in world order:)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What !

Cheika would only headbutt the bloke..

To me one of the disappointing traits of Chek is diplomacy or lack thereof
Nah, they get along great!..

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-09/cheika-receives-formal-warning-for-ref-approach/6380890

I just think that if any team needs to be trying to get the ref onside this week, it's us. Don't want the main topic of post-match discussion here to once again be how we got stitched up at scrumtime or by a ridiculously lopsided penalty count.

Also, I'm hopping on a plane tomorrow night to go to it & I'm not really keen to watch the Poms match their record for most consecutive wins. I would far prefer to play the part of deliriously happy oppositon fan as they trudge out of Twickenham in disgust.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)

Poms holding it would be infinitely worse. If it's a toss up between the All Blacks and the Poms then I don't need to wait for the thinking music.

The annoying thing is, none of those 20 games would involve a victory over the Kiwi's. Somehow feels like less of an achievement.

To be fair, the current record holder didn't need to play the All Blacks and neither did the record holder before that. :D

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
If England beat the wallabies this weekend (which is likely) they must be the best International team of 2016. Won every game and Six nations. Based on the northern hemisphere tour results one could easily argue that England has played in a tougher competition (six nations )than All Blacks (Rugby Championships). So England best team in the world All Blacks who of course lost to Ireland now the second best team in the world.
That sounds nice!

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
The annoying thing is, none of those 20 games would involve a victory over the Kiwi's. Somehow feels like less of an achievement.

sure but none of them would involve minnows at a rwc like the ab's did.

I thought they were on 13 wins, beating aust would make 14, undefeated in 6n's would make it 19 and the new record.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
One of the worst results in our history, especially considering how we demolished them at Twickers only a few months previously.

only if you ignore how many changes there were in the 2 sides that played england, Quite a different team, as was england btw.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
If England beat the wallabies this weekend (which is likely) they must be the best International team of 2016. Won every game and Six nations. Based on the northern hemisphere tour results one could easily argue that England has played in a tougher competition (six nations )than All Blacks (Rugby Championships). So England best team in the world All Blacks who of course lost to Ireland now the second best team in the world.
That sounds nice!

To be the best, you have to beat the best. They've got poor scheduling to thank for them having a ceiling of #2 until they play the Kiwis in 2018.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Ah yes, Cheika v Eddie, "the gift that keeps on giving"!!

Just like their playing days, Eddie is the master of the niggle and Cheika is the enforcer.

I like the way the Cheika speaks from the heart and says what he really thinks, but I'm not sure that he needs to say as much as he does at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.