• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia, Saturday 3 December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
The back row is the only area that seems to be up in the air and one wing. From the pics it looks at those Sefa will start.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The back row is the only area that seems to be up in the air and one wing. From the pics it looks at those Sefa will start.

I think we may want more aggression from the start so we could see both Douglas and Timani start this one, agree with Sefa.

Reactions: dru

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Just like their playing days, Eddie is the master of the niggle and Cheika is the enforcer.

I like the way the Cheika speaks from the heart and says what he really thinks, but I'm not sure that he needs to say as much as he does at times.

You are a wise man, Quick Hands! I think what you are talking about is called "diplomacy", something quite often missing from national sporting coaches' qualifications!!

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
For this game I'd be looking at the following:

1 Sio
2 Latu
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Arnold
6 Pocock
7 Hooper
8 Timani
9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Naivalu
12 Hodge
13 Kuridrani
14 DHP
15 Folau

16 AAA
17 Latu
18 Slipper (sort out your scrummaging son or Robertson will take this)
19 Douglas
20 Fardy (it's likely Mumm will be chosen though)
21 Frisby
22 Cooper
23 Morahan

Although an argument could be made for:

21 McMahon
22 Frisby
23 Cooper

With a 6:2 split.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

1 Sio
2 Latu
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Arnold
6 Pocock
7 Hooper
8 Timani
9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Naivalu
12 Hodge
13 Kuridrani
14 DHP
15 Folau

16 AAA
17 Latu
19 Douglas
21 Frisby
22 Cooper
23 Morahan

21 McMahon
22 Frisby
23 Cooper

Don't agree with but IMO Chek will go
Sio
Moore
Keps
Douglas
Simmons
Pocock
Hooper
Timani

Arnold will pay the price for last weeks effort.

Same backline as Michael.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)

1 Sio
2 Latu
3 Kepu
4 Simmons
5 Arnold
6 Pocock
7 Hooper
8 Timani
9 Phipps
10 Foley
11 Naivalu
12 Hodge
13 Kuridrani
14 DHP
15 Folau

16 AAA
17 Latu
19 Douglas
21 Frisby
22 Cooper
23 Morahan

21 McMahon
22 Frisby
23 Cooper

You've cloned Latu. Moore won't be shelved now sadly.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Generally agree with these teams. Douglas Simmo starting I'm guessing. Timani at 6 with the Pooper.

My only suggestion is the Cooper is not needed on the bench as he is not being used as a finisher, Morahan has it covered and allow for a 6/2 bench.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My only suggestion is the Cooper is not needed on the bench as he is not being used as a finisher, Morahan has it covered and allow for a 6/2 bench.

I think Cooper will be there regardless. Foley and Hodge have both been playing well which has limited Cooper's opportunities as there hasn't been a logical player to replace.

He'll be on the bench in case of injury though. Cheika won't go into a test with Hodge or Frisby as his backup 10.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Generally agree with these teams. Douglas Simmo starting I'm guessing. Timani at 6 with the Pooper.

Chek doesn't use "finishers" anymore, maybe call 'em "canon fodder". Poor buggers can't do anything in less than 15 minutes Blokes getting a couple of minutes is ridiculous (unless the starter is dominating).

I wouldn't have Cooper on the bench. Chek loves Foley and will never really replace him and give the other bloke real time. And Foley is a tough durable little bugger who doesn't seem to get injured very often anyway.

Reckon our forwards will get plastered this week (again) so I nearly go for a 7:1 bench (although I don't know if that has ever been done ????). We certainly are missing Coleman but hopefully Timani does some wrecking ball shit out there. Fast Eddie tactics will once again show the Pooper should be put on the shelf. Torid affair coming up.

Plenty of bragging rights on offer

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Simmons is a good example of what competition for spots does.

Previously he could rest on his laurels of being a lineout general and high work rate. He could avoid physicality, lengthens his career after all.

Along comes Coleman and Arnold and lo and behold Simmons lifts his physicality.

Reactions: dru

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Simmons is a good example of what competition for spots does.

Previously he could rest on his laurels of being a lineout general and high work rate. He could avoid physicality, lengthens his career after all.

Along comes Coleman and Arnold and lo and behold Simmons lifts his physicality.

Maybe the coaching staff should take a bit of credit, IMHO a lot of his improvement is down to much better technique in going into contact, offensively and defensively.

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Reckon our forwards will get plastered this week (again) so I nearly go for a 7:1 bench

Trouble with that is
say starters are (but won't be)
Sio, Moore, Kepu,Arnold, Simmons, Fardy, Pocock, Timani

then bench would be
Robertson, Latu, Ala'alatoa, Douglas, Mumm, Hooper, McMahon, Frisby

Even worse than Frisby covering all back positions is Mumm in the team

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Maybe the coaching staff should take a bit of credit, IMHO a lot of his improvement is down to much better technique in going into contact, offensively and defensively.

The same coaching team has been there for a while.

The difference is Simmons is motivated to take on board and action what they make available.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The same coaching team has been there for a while.

The difference is Simmons is motivated to take on board and action what they make available.

Agree. My concern, and I'm very probably reading too much into it, but while Simmo's aggression is way better it still has a loooong way to go. making this noise seems to suggest, "hey I did it, rest of you catch up". If that is indeed his attitude he needs a slap.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
If we are talking about revolutionary ideas why not ensure forward domination by playing four back rowers and ditching a winger. :D

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
off topic.

Does anyone know when citings /suspensions came into the game OTHER than from being sent off by the ref.

In other words when did officials first review games and then have players cited to appear before a judiciary.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
off topic.

Does anyone know when citings /suspensions came into the game OTHER than from being sent off by the ref.

In other words when did officials first review games and then have players cited to appear before a judiciary.

They have 48 hours to cite I believe, and then the player will appear at the judiciary at the first available opportunity.

I could be pulling that out of my arse.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
1 Sio
2 Moore (skipper)
3 Kepu
4 Douglas
5 Arnold
6 Pocock
7 Hooper
8 Timani
9 Phipps