• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

England v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
As for Beale, well yeah that could be a problem for people for a number of reasons. But this guy I agree with:

The thing with Beale is he seems far more popular with coaches than he does with supporters. The last 3 Wallaby coaches have selected him - Deans and Link both had him in the run on 15. So it's not as if it's some sort of Cheika out-of-left-field thing.

Next time you and your tah buddies want to have yet another dig at Simmons, feel free to remember what you have just written in this thread.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Their obvious weakness was failing to pick players that everyone on the Internet agreed about. Unfortunately Moore, Slipper and Folau can only do so much. Now that we all agree on Kuridrani, at least it means four players can take the field.

Yep. Not so long ago that the majority of posters thought Tevita only got a game because AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) had to fill in on the wing. Just shows how quickly our favourites can change. Maybe that's another argument in favour of experimenting a bit, especially in positions where there might be an apparent weakness either in the starting lineup or in the backup.

Reactions: BDA

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Next time you and your tah buddies want to have yet another dig at Simmons, feel free to remember what you have just written in this thread.

Its a genuine fucking blight on both the decent QLD supporters here that every time the rest of them accuse someone of favouritism, they're actually the first ones to bring it up.

Give yourself an uppercut.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Yep. Not so long ago that the majority of posters thought Tevita only got a game because AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) had to fill in on the wing. Just shows how quickly our favourites can change. Maybe that's another argument in favour of experimenting a bit, especially in positions where there might be an apparent weakness either in the starting lineup or in the backup.

i dont think its that everyones favorite has switched from AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to Kuridrani, at least it isnt for me. Kuridrani last year had a fair few flaws in his game last year, so i wasnt sure he was the right option, hes now clearly worked on them and improved dramatically since last year eg. his handling and decisions in defence.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
And I think we will come away with a win in this one. The boys have copped a fair bit of criticism, some justified, but a lot of it over the top. (particularly if we look at the context of all that has occurred in the past 8 weeks)

I liked what I saw about the attack and some of the short interchange passing and I think that the backline may well cut loose in this one. The starting scrum is solid, lineout improves each week. I'm hoping that Simmons has a big one in his 50th, he's a good player and seems to have cut out the dumb penalties.

And if we compliment Simmons?

Post #595 if you wish to verify.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I quite like the way Simmons goes about his business both on and off the field , congratulations on your 50th test - do us proud , go well ! Now back to the sledging .....

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

And that's exactly the point regarding Skelton or Faulkner or McMahon or McCalman or Horne or whoever. Over time players mature and improve and the pecking order changes. During Deans tenure we all thought Phipps had the gig because.....well, you know. Now about 99% would agree he's our best starter.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Simmons' lineout work was very effective against the Irish.
Hoping he continues that good work in his 50th, because the English lineout is strong - either that or Samoa's was a shambles.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
And if we compliment Simmons?

Post #595 if you wish to verify.
Who had already geven away a dumb maul penalty and cost us 50m. He concededes too many dumb penalties at super and test level.

Here's that thing - if Simmons has just one sub par game, just one, you and the other tah fans will jump all over him again.

I am just saying - you should remember what you have written as a justification for Beale next time you feel compelled to trash a guy who has ALSO been picked in the run on side by the last three wallaby coaches.

I am willing to bet that you won't though.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
For those who are desperate & don't have foxtel sign up to www.beinsports.com.au (setanta sport) and watch the live legal stream - sure it's $17 but if you don't want to stream illegally it's another option

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Umm for some reason this game doesn't appear to be in the tv guide for Ch 10....wtf? any suggestions if home shopping doesn't appeal?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member

Its a genuine fucking blight on both the decent QLD supporters here that every time the rest of them accuse someone of favouritism, they're actually the first ones to bring it up.

Give yourself an uppercut.

Hypocrite.

See post #706.

Everyone is biased to some extent. So all of you get over yourselves and focus on the game at hand (Assuming you can watch it. Stupid 10).

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Umm for some reason this game doesn't appear to be in the tv guide for Ch 10..wtf? any suggestions if home shopping doesn't appeal?
Ten couldn't "secure" the rights.

If you're on the North Shore of Sydney and are willing the Gold Brigade are meeting at The Crows Nest Hotel around now.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just found the answer to my question:
Network TEN will be broadcasting* all games except for the Barbarians and English matches.

http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/GameDay/2014Fixtures.aspx

So it's on FTA at 8 in the morning instead of live....who thought that this would be a good idea? Honestly if these cuuuuuunts could just televise the games for us fans live it woud be a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.