• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
from fox sports -
Beale won’t jump the queue of players who have been waiting for their chance on the tour — including centre Matt To'omua — with his only chance to start coming down to an injury or a need to rest superstar fullback Israel Folau.

Cheika admits that’s unlikely but has challenged Beale to push his claims for a spot in the squad for the penultimate Test of the tour at Landsdowne Road on Saturday.

“If he’s to get a run it would only be off the bench at this stage,” Cheika said of Beale, who last played for Australia against South Africa on September 27.

“There’s no way he’d be coming into the starting team with the other guys that have been here training.
“If Izzy had to have some time off, if he was carrying an injury, maybe (Beale would be considered to start) but I think we’ll just see how he travels and at best he would get a run on the bench.”

T

TOCC

The reality is, players won't say anything negative about a teammate to the media, especially someone like Hooper, Slipper or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who are in leadership positions where they need to support the coaches decision..

Now, I'm not saying that the team doesn't want Kurtley there, I'm just saying using media interviews as evidence of player support is flawed. It's the exact same sentiment that Reds players had when JOC (James O'Connor) was first announced as a signing. Everyone was praising of the deal, but you need to take that with a great of salt.

I don't doubt for a second that there are players in the squad who have strong feelings about Ewens departure from the team and the role Kurtley played in that.

T

Train Without a Station

In all fairness, all we've ever heard from NRL media is how much of a good bloke Todd Carney is. Does that mean he should still be playing in Australia?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The second scenario is the more probable - that is : he is seen as a member of the team + most players didn't like her for whatever reason

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
45,000 + 3,000 is end of.
why is it so hard for anyone to understand that?
48k is a lot of money but lets put that into perspective.
I reckon i earn roughly 10% that KB (Kurtley Beale) earns yearly and if i got a $4800 fine i would be shattered. By the time i pay my morgage and living expenses per year i dont have $4800 left over so i would have to go without some nicesties during the year ie no holiday. After KB (Kurtley Beale) pays his morgage and living expenses how much does he have to bank for the year? 200, 300,400k?
So really is 48k that big a hit for him?
He will get tour money and maybe match fees over the next 3 weeks which will go close to clearing a chunk of this fine, i would have to get a 2nd job to pay a $4800 fine or get a 2nd job for the mrs!

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think Slippers comments were spot on. What else can you say?
A few of these blokes have played for the team for a few years. Friendships grow amongst the group. I'm sure that over time more are brought into the inner fold. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is the Grand Master.

Mates are mates whether they rugby, league, soccer or whatever.

Whilst I am positive that virtually all would think him a goose/dickhead/whatever for what he did, the fact that no-one (other than Lilo and a few) liked Di (for whatever reason) and the fact that most blokes would "like" KB (Kurtley Beale) has tempered the players attitudes.

He's there now. Get over it !!!!!!

Big Dog also come out in support.. But is this the media consultancy firm Billy P hired ;)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Plus Higginbotham and Foley at least.

I guess it comes down to what do you think is more likely?

The players hate Beale and want him gone but for some reason multiple players support him publicly.

or

The players like him as part of the team and that's why plenty have come out in support of Beale.

The public support for Patston might have counted for more if any of it had happened prior to her resigning. It was crickets prior to that.

The available evidence points towards the players not sharing the same sentiment regarding Beale that much of the public does.

Could it be that some players and quite respectful ones (Tomane and Lealifanio) like both Di and Beale.. It's not a hard leap. I'm sure Moore does like Beale as well, but he didn't support Di as such, but his such a strong believe in his own Morals that he defended Di as Beale really was an arse clown. He said it was unacceptable. Im sure if you asked every player they would say it was unacceptable.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
The reality is, players won't say anything negative about a teammate to the media, especially someone like Hooper, Slipper or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) who are in leadership positions are in positions where they need to support the coaches decision..

Then why did they beg Link to keep KB (Kurtley Beale) on tour?

P

Paradox

I guess it comes down to what do you think is more likely?

The players hate Beale and want him gone but for some reason multiple players support him publicly.

or

The players like him as part of the team and that's why plenty have come out in support of Beale.

The public support for Patston might have counted for more if any of it had happened prior to her resigning. It was crickets prior to that.

The available evidence points towards the players not sharing the same sentiment regarding Beale that much of the public does.

Those same players also came out and backed McKenzie. Is that evidence? And why so polarising? They don't have to hate him to think he's a bit of an idiot. Sometimes he just does dumb things and he doesn't know why.

Beale derided Patston on multiple occasions with the knowledge of other team mates who did nothing so I'm not sure why anyone could consider the players as being good moral barometers. In any event, you seem to trying to draw the conclusion that Beale is a good person because his team mate say so. Doesn't wash with me and his inclusion in the squad sends out the wrong message.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Either Quade has reformed completely and is now a team player or he has a very clever and astute manager who tells him exactly the right things to say.
IMG_0352.PNG

Admittedly didn't nail the spelling of opportunity, but he looks pretty selfless.

Status
Not open for further replies.