• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ewen McKenzie: Wallaby Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think this is in the "emergency" appointment category, when decisions are made based on the circumstance.

But generally I think there is huge merit in an interview process. An interview process is very useful on finding out about direction, what influences them etc. It's the setting that some 'hard' pointed questions about what their plans for managing a national side with all the "competing interests" (ie politics) can be asked. That is not something a Super coach faces for example at the same degree as the national coach, and not something that is demonstrated week in week out in the public arena.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Great news! Ecstatic for Link, and like many others here, I have a general feeling that all is well with the world at the moment. It is totally irrational, but still..

Bring on the Rugby Championship!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
This has made my day. The best result in my eyes. I am sure that both McKenzie and White were spoken to in regards to the role by someone on the selection committee.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Even the ABC has announced him as new coach. Going to be a weird presser if they are announcing link to the rebs and white to the wobs.

Congrats Links. Great news .

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
According to Reuterarse:

"Having been announced as Wallaby coach, Mackenzie could not be contacted but a source told us that he was busy printing off a team sheet for every Australia match until the end of the next RWC with position 10 printed in beautiful artistic text as ''Quade Cooper".

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Mackenzie had certainly Linked his cart to the QC (Quade Cooper) horse in the selection chatter before the Lions series - to the point I thought it was the biggest reason not to pick him.

Be interesting to see if he can make it work.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
  • Win one Bledisloe test and be competitive in the others

No way, with two home games this year, we need to win the Bledisloe Cup THIS YEAR!! If we don't, then we have to play two games away next year to try and get the trophy. No likely.
Then in 2015, with the RWC we are probsbly only going to play 2 tests, so we will need to win home and away. Once again, not likely
If we don't win the Bledisloe Cup this year, I don't see us winning it until possibly 2016 when we will have 2 home games again.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I wouldn't be so sure that he is going to pin everything on Quade. No doubt he will have to earn the position as much as anyone else.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I wouldn't be so sure that he is going to pin everything on Quade. No doubt he will have to earn the position as much as anyone else.
A couple of minutes with Link and you know everyone has to earn their spot.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No way, with two home games this year, we need to win the Bledisloe Cup THIS YEAR!! If we don't, then we have to play two games away next year to try and get the trophy. No likely.
Then in 2015, with the RWC we are probsbly only going to play 2 tests, so we will need to win home and away. Once again, not likely
If we don't win the Bledisloe Cup this year, I don't see us winning it until possibly 2016 when we will have 2 home games again.
Nice theory, but we play 2 Tests against the ABs in NZ this year. Wellington and Dunedin, or so it says in another thread. At least it ain't Eden Park.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Newspaper headline for tomorrow:

The Missing Link: the Wallabies evolutionary path to rugby world domination.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
I think this is in the "emergency" appointment category, when decisions are made based on the circumstance.

But generally I think there is huge merit in an interview process. An interview process is very useful on finding out about direction, what influences them etc. It's the setting that some 'hard' pointed questions about what their plans for managing a national side with all the "competing interests" (ie politics) can be asked. That is not something a Super coach faces for example at the same degree as the national coach, and not something that is demonstrated week in week out in the public arena.

Wasn't it the interview process that knocked Deans out of the running for the ABs job?

Status
Not open for further replies.