• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
There are no more team positions available in this league
:(:(:(

I noticed the first GAGR fantasy rugby draft league was full so I went and created a second one for anyone still interested.

League name: Green and Gold Rugby
Password: gagr

I'm just getting my head around the settings and the like, however I set the draft date to the Thursday 12 January - the week of round 1 of Super Rugby - at 17:00 AWST. If you want it modified, I'd be happy to.

Hope to do battle with you
The Journeymen will see you on the field.

Hey bud, Can you change the time of draft please?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Went to see if password was correct, and got an error message saying 'gagr' is too short.

Changed it to 'gagr2015', minus the quotation marks and in lowercase.

It says you joined the draft league despite the password mishap though MHCS.

On the draft time, I can push it back from the 12th to the 13th of February (wrote January by mistake in my earlier post) but no later than like 30 minutes to an hour before the first game of round 1. I'll see what other prospective members say though before I change it.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Went to see if password was correct, and got an error message saying 'gagr' is too short.

On the draft time, I can push it back from the 12th to the 13th of February (wrote January by mistake in my earlier post) but no later than like 30 minutes to an hour before the first game of round 1. I'll see what other prospective members say though before I change it.

Can be the next weekend, pleaseeeeeeee?

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Here's a little spiel for you for Fox Fantasy. Is this the sort of thing you were after?

Fox Sports Fantasy Super Rugby is back for 2015!

Select Your Team: Pick 23 players from any club in Super Rugby within the salary cap provided. Then choose 15 of these to start and score points each week, including a captain who scores double points.

Score Points: Points are scored based on what each player does in the game. The full list of how to score points is on the site. Note for anyone who played last year: you now receive points for metres gained and counter rucks resulting in a turnover, extra points for offloads, and lose fewer points for errors, among other minor changes.

Trades: Each week you get 3 trades, or 4 where there are multiple byes. You also get 1 “wildcard” for the season, where you can make unlimited trades in a single round.

Competitions: Your total points accumulated throughout the season determines your overall rank in the game. There is also a knockout H2H competition called the “Supercoach Cup” where you are pitted randomly against another player each week and only the winner proceeds until there is only one winner remaining! And finally, the winner of the GAGR league obviously gets bragging rights here!

Prizes: There are prizes to be won throughout the season. The winner of each round gets $100, the Supercoach Cup winner gets $1000, and the overall points winner gets $10,000! I can assure you based on last year’s evidence that any idiot can win these prizes!

Benaud’s Tips:

• Plan trades a few weeks in advance. The killer blows come when you don’t have enough trades to cover byes and injuries!
  • Check the team sheets each week and only pick players in the starting XV. It is extremely difficult to rack up decent points off the bench.
  • Player prices are loosely based on last year’s average points per game and will change throughout the year. So players who were on the bench last year but starting this year are undervalued!
  • Pay close attention to the points changes for this season. The players they advantage are undervalued and the players they don’t affect are overvalued!
  • If possible, use your trading wildcard strategically, ideally before the first price change. Once you have a feel for the teams, it allows you to select your optimum team all over again, like you did at the start but with updated knowledge and potentially not updated prices to match!

So sign up and play at http://rugbysupercoach.foxsports.com.au/ and join the GAGR league: 134843!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

Change the draft's time, pleaseeeeeeeeee

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Don't forget for those in the fantasy draft named GAGR it kicks off in a bit over two hours.

Edit: Being a bit overeager I've logged in first and as a reward I get the bloody tenth pick. Not a good start.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Izzy Folau costs about 550 k in Fox Fantasy. It pays to have the most expensive player on your Fantasy team?

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Izzy Folau costs about 550 k in Fox Fantasy. It pays to have the most expensive player on your Fantasy team?

I reckon a lot of Waratahs supporters are gonna be in a bind spending over $mill on Folau/Foley

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
To add to my list of procrastination activities, I've started a GAGR tipping league on Fox. Same system to join I believe.

Called GAGR
code: 568403

Status
Not open for further replies.