• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Changes are going to be really problematic this weekend - with pretty good scores all round, the trick will be not to sit still and assume you'll get a good score again whilst not thinking too much and making too many changes.

At this stage Im thinking maybe Mcalaman for anyone who is actually playing, Louw for Vermuelan, and maybe Habana in to the team.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
I still can't work out what it is with half backs.A.Smith was one of the best for the Blacks but scored 7 points??Luckily I had B.Smith as well!

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
A far better start than I expected. Sitting 26th overall at this point and there are only 15-20 points between there and the top so i'll have to really keep on top of things now.

A few forced changes have been made, but unless needed to again change things up when the teams are announced i'm sticking with essentially the same line up.

Also nice to know that our league is ranked number 1 for manager's averages out of however many have been entered (478.6 pts per manager)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I think Scott Fardy and Brodie Retallick could be interesting picks tomorrow - Retallick could shade Whitelock and Fardy is running at blindside so could pick up a few tackles.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Scott Fardy and Brodie Retallick could be interesting picks tomorrow - Retallick could shade Whitelock and Fardy is running at blindside so could pick up a few tackles.
Which is why I've opted for Retallick over Whitelock, and Fardy is also in my team ;)

O. Franks, J. Slipper
A. Strauss
B. Retallick, S. Fardy
M. Hooper, D. Vermuelen, R. McCaw
A Smith
J. O'Connor
C. Smith, C. Leali'ifano
B. Smith, B. Habana, I. Folau

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Oconnor is an interesting one. He scored very well last week - 3rd best of the 5/8's last week but only 14% ownership.

Not sure about Strauss given that Bismarck will get some solid game time again (having said that he was the highest scoring hooker off only 55 minutes)

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not sure if anyone still cares about this, but here's my attempt at reviving the thread. Sitting at 2nd in the GAGR league and 19th Overall, which probably means I'm in for a shocker.

Woodcock/Guiñazu (J du Plessis)
(C) B du Plessis (Moore)
Whitelock/Fardy (Etzebeth)
JMF Lobbe/Read/Luatua (Vermeulen)
Genia (Cubelli)
Cooper (Sanchez)
Lilo/Conrad (Serfontein)
Folau/B Smith/Le Roux (Camacho)

Few dodgy selections in there but for all the talk about how dangerous the Bok pack is, I'm not sure how well they'll actually score in Fantasy (besides Bismarck, who always seems to score well and should be up for this one.) I picked this team before I knew Horwill was out though, so Bruno may have to come into the second row - trouble is Whitelock and Fardy are both in good form. Will probably leave the pack as is. Bit of a gamble at 9/10, but I suppose I'm buying into the whole "it's Brisbane, they'll come good" narrative.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I would like to have more NZ outside backs in my team but I cant squeeze them in. I like the challenge of 6 players from 4 teams - evens it out a bit

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hi guys, haven't checked in for a while but I thought I should seeing as I'm finally starting to get my head around this fantasy thing. I'm right behing you HSM. That said, chances are I'll get smashed tonight and drop back down the rankings. Here's my team if anyone is interested. Hoping NZ carve up the argentinians with Savea and Smiths doing the damage, Carter to be kicking conversions all night.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 12.31.08.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 12.31.08.png
    633.2 KB · Views: 308

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
7th GGR
238th overall

Looking to a couple of key changes this week

Franks, Figallo
Duplessis
Etzbeth, Retallick
Reid, JMFL, Vermualen
White,
Oconnor
Devilliers, Lealifano
Folau, Smith, Savea

3 biggies being

Figallo on for Slipper
White on for Genia
Oconnor on for Carter
Franks for Famuanina

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
Went for the Wild Card this week - with such a short comp, you never know when is going to be the right time to use it. Would hate to keep it in my back pocket only to never really need it. This week I wanted to make 10 transfers so I went for it.

Figallo/Beast (Slipper)
du Plessis (Creevy)
Whitelock/Etzebeth (Fardy)
JMFL/Leguizamon (C)/Vermeulen (Cane)
White (Cubelli)
Carter (Sanchez)
Lilo/C Smith (AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper))
Folau/B Smith/Savea (le Roux)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
HSM I'm saving mine for next week. I've gone with

Slipper, Woodcock (Figallo)
du Plessis (Moore)
Etzebeth, Whitelock (Simmons)
Read, Vermeulan, Leguizamon (c) (Louw)
White (Landajo)
Steyn (Sanchez)
Lealiifano, de Villers (C. Smith)
B. Smith, Folau, Imhoff (Camacho)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm coming for you HSM. I've taken a few risks this week like benching Ben Smith.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-14 at 15.55.01.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-14 at 15.55.01.png
    578.1 KB · Views: 278

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The treatment of Bismarck was abysmal - what should have been a 50 point fantasy game for him was brutalised. Without the first yellow card he potentially had an extra 15 points for the red card and then another 40 minutes of playing time. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.