• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I thought JOC (James O'Connor) and the Badger actually played well, I was bit shocked when I saw their Fantasy scores - just goes to show. And yeh scrum halves can go and get stuffed

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
The consistency of some players this season is a real pitfall for me. No logical explanations for a majority of them either.

Spent far too much time trying to number crunch and stack players against other for little reward.

Thrown the wildcard out there this week so looking for improvement this round with a solid final couple of games to get me somewhere half respectable overall by championships end.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
HSM told you I was coming for you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 19.26.29.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 19.26.29.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 315

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
So with Bismark's Red Card and the first Yellow Card being struck from his record. It'd be nice if the Fantasy Gods adhered to that as well. An extra 40 points wouldn't hurt

HSM

Allen Oxlade (6)
HSM told you I was coming for you!

Well played Swat.

This week I've gone for:

Guiñazú/Beast (Figallo)
Strauss (c) (Creevy)
Whitelock/Etzebeth (Fardy)
JMFL/Leguizamón/Vermeulen (Cane)
Du Preez (White)
Steyn (Sánchez)
Nonu/C Smith (Lilo)
Folau/B Smith/Savea (Tomane)

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well played Swat.

This week I've gone for:

Guiñazú/Beast (Figallo)
Strauss (c) (Creevy)
Whitelock/Etzebeth (Fardy)
JMFL/Leguizamón/Vermeulen (Cane)
Du Preez (White)
Steyn (Sánchez)
Nonu/C Smith (Lilo)
Folau/B Smith/Savea (Tomane)

I think Figallo is getting some pretty good game time, and Nonu is always a penalty threat.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My team - atm

Mtawirira Figallo
Hore (c)
Etzbeth Retallick
Reid Vermualen JMFL
Landajo
Cruden
LILO Devilliers
Folau Smith Savea

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Dropped out of the GAGR top 5 last week. Taking a few more chances with the likes of Cooper and Fardy to step it up this week.

Beast, Woodcock
Battleship
Etzebeth, Fardy
Vermuelen, Legauizamon, Read
Smith
Cooper
Lilo, deVilliers
B Smith, Le Roux, Folau

Only 1 Argie and 4 ABs so this could really backfire if the Boks in particular do not fire.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Im in the same boat, dropped to 11th in GGR, out of contention in my $$ league and generally abysmal. All because I picked Hore over Strauss. Darn.

My team this week is a hail mary.

Beast Faumuina
Moore
Etzbeth Fardy
Read Hooper JMFL
Du Preez
Cruden
Lilo DeVilliers
Folau (C) Smith Imhoff

My three wishes are

Early try to Faumina
Yellow Card to Bismarck
3 tries to Israel.

Not completely unrealistic just highly unlikely

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
1 out of 3 isnt bad - Issy as captain was a good call.

Pulled up to 5th in the GGR
2nd in my $$ league
174th overall

My decision to swap out Strauss for Hore in week 5 cost me about 100 places overall and 1st spot in the $$ league - ah well

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
My decision to get drunk rather than pick a team on the last week hurt me (predominately my liver). Also, I feel that the wildcard isn't needed in TRC, the one in Super Rugby makes sense but I think they should scrap it next year.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone know if their will be a comp in 2014?

I've checked foxsports today & their software hasn't launched (fingers crossed we will be able to draft a team as opposed to the dream team format)

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a comp this year. Fantasy sports is a booming industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.