• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Chance Peni not too bad either with 55 points. I've got him on my bench - so does that mean I should now pick a centre that's not going to play so he's subbed in....?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Chance Peni not too bad either with 55 points. I've got him on my bench - so does that mean I should now pick a centre that's not going to play so he's subbed in..?

Yep! Unintended consequence of the new sub rules. Only possible if you've got a trade left or if you have already traded a centre that you can reverse.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Assuming you're using Fox fantasy, yes, that should work. I hadn't thought of doing that but will keep it in mind for the future!

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Decided it wasn't worth it. Would have to trade in someone who wasn't going to play, who would be pretty useless next week so will force a trade.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Depends who you've got in there already too. If it's a bullocking Hurricanes centre likely to wreak havoc on the Rebels, it's not worth it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Decided it wasn't worth it. Would have to trade in someone who wasn't going to play, who would be pretty useless next week so will force a trade.

55 points is a lot to give away. Anything over 30 is seriously good for a centre. I would if I could.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Really not loving Malakai Fekitoa at the moment. I'm thinking Lionel Mapoe but he hasn't being putting up big numbers. He's going cheap but has potential to explode
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 11.50.02 PM.png

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
@TheKing - Nev that is a solid score you must have had. All over 30 except Fekitoa! Well done.

I ended at 599 with Jordy Reid hurting me badly on 6. Any tips on my current team lads. I'm hurting in the prop, lock and backrow and am also looking at ejecting Fekitoa...he's been very skittish whenever the ball comes to him..and for the money, it's worth it.

P: A. Ala'alatoa, O. Franks (L. Weeks)
H: D. Coles (H. Elliott)
L: B. Retallick, S. Cummins (A. Coleman)
B: J. Reid, A. Savea, H. Leibenberg (L. Squire)
S: TJ. erenara (A. Smith)
F: Q. Cooper (E. Jantjies)
I: M. Fekitoa, M. Proctor (D. Paia'aua)
O: I. Dagg, J. Savea, W. Naholo (T. Naiyaravoro)

Let me know!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
@TheKing - Nev that is a solid score you must have had. All over 30 except Fekitoa! Well done.

I ended at 599 with Jordy Reid hurting me badly on 6. Any tips on my current team lads. I'm hurting in the prop, lock and backrow and am also looking at ejecting Fekitoa.he's been very skittish whenever the ball comes to him..and for the money, it's worth it.

L: B. Retallick, S. Cummins (A. Coleman)
B: J. Reid, A. Savea, H. Leibenberg (L. Squire)
F: Q. Cooper (E. Jantjies)

Let me know!

I don't think you're really hurting at prop and lock. They are just generally lower scoring positions except when they score tries, which after 2 rounds is mostly a matter of luck. If you start swapping out your players for those who scored highly because they scored a try in Round 1 or 2, you're paying extra for a guy who stands not much more chance of scoring another try than the guys you've already got in there.

What you want at prop and lock are guys who score highly even without scoring tries. That means guys who make lots of tackles, don't make a lot of errors or concede penalties (strong scrums), play lots of minutes and make a few runs. Lock those guys in early and cheap and then when they score a try it's a nice bonus.

And you've pretty much got those guys already. Agree with Reg about the rest - ditch the expensive bench warmers to free up cash and swap out the underperformers in the back row and centres. Unlike props and locks where a lucky try can make a big difference, back rowers and centres you expect to be performing week in, week out.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I'm thinking of ditching Israel Folau and Liam Squire for Joaquin Tuculet and Sam Cane.

The Jaguares expansive backline play (of which Tuculet is the focal point) will keep Tuculet scoring points all year even when the results don't go their way, whereas Folau has already had a down game - plus with Reece Robinson on the bench I'm at risk when the Tahs have their bye.

Cane is a perennial finalist for the leading workrate and has dropped some value after missing the start of the season so I can squeeze him in. He might not score huge in his first week back but a Savea-Cane-Hooper back row should counter-balance any reduction in points from losing Folau.

Also ditching Malakai Fekitoa for Anton Lienert-Brown - hopefully the latter's move to 12 won't reduce his scoring potential.

Thoughts?

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm thinking of ditching Israel Folau and Liam Squire for Joaquin Tuculet and Sam Cane.

The Jaguares expansive backline play (of which Tuculet is the focal point) will keep Tuculet scoring points all year even when the results don't go their way, whereas Folau has already had a down game - plus with Reece Robinson on the bench I'm at risk when the Tahs have their bye.

Cane is a perennial finalist for the leading workrate and has dropped some value after missing the start of the season so I can squeeze him in. He might not score huge in his first week back but a Savea-Cane-Hooper back row should counter-balance any reduction in points from losing Folau.

Also ditching Malakai Fekitoa for Anton Lienert-Brown - hopefully the latter's move to 12 won't reduce his scoring potential.

Thoughts?

ALB has the Canes this week which might reduce his scoring, but the week after that he has the Rebels. Nuff said there.

Fekitoa has the slightly easier Blues this week but then the Canes in Wellington the next week. Personally in that situation I'd delay switching MF for ALB for one more week.

Of course ALB could score a hat trick against the Canes, you just never know. But on the balance of probabilities...

Your other moves I agree with. I originally wanted either Sam Cane or Matt Todd but both missed the start of the season. And I'm disillusioned with Folau this year. He's slimmed down a lot and seems to have lost his impact. I also think that while Hegarty is a good player, the channel of Hegarty-Simone-Folau just isn't working. Simone just isn't getting him the ball.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
So with Reid on a Bye and Squire out injured had to do some juggling to ensure I had three across the backrow..

I flicked E. Jantjies as he isn't travelling with the Lions and I needed the cash...Swapped Sam Carter in for the injured Coleman, and threw Sam Cane and Gareth Evans into the backrow....hopeful my choices won't hurt me!

L: B. Retallick, S. Carter (S. Cummins)
B: G. Evans, A. Savea, S. Cane (L. Squire)
F: Q. Cooper (H. Cripps)

Now...who do I make captain??? Thinking Naholo...

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Naholo, Dagg or A. Savea for captain I reckon. Much as I hate to tip against the Reds Dagg could well be getting a hat trick!

Carter probably a good choice for lock because as Brumbies captain (real captain, not fantasy captain) he'll play 80 unless injured. The Brumbies forwards are scoring a hell of a lot of points at the moment because they are making so many tackles. In fact the top scoring Australian player last I looked was Josh Mann-Rea!

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Last week I scored just under 700, even with that nonsense from Kepu (-15).

This week I'll struggle to get to 300, unless Ardie Savea made 80 tackles, none missed. :(

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Last week I scored just under 700, even with that nonsense from Kepu (-15).

This week I'll struggle to get to 300, unless Ardie Savea made 80 tackles, none missed. :(

If you get 300 you'll be at least 100 in front of me. If I make 200 it'll be a miracle. My captain, Ardie Savea, scored zero, Rieko Ioane 7, Hooper 8, Ranger 1 and Coles 16. I have been translated to a parallel universe where form and reputation have been reversed!

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
^ Yeah, I also have Savea as captain. Him, along with Faumuina (DNP) and Tamanivalu (off in the first 1/4), Lambie (2 pts), Hooper (8) and NMS (13) all adds up to a shitty week for The Wobbly XV.

We've got plenty to work on this week at training.

Status
Not open for further replies.