• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Fantasy Super Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
It was a bizarre round all right. A combination of injuries to just about every star Kiwi outside back, wet weather, and general ineffectiveness by the back rowers. I guess when the Kiwis play each other they substantially nullify themselves.

My back row scored a combined total of 8 points, all to Hooper. The scores will go up a bit once the tackle counts are finalised but it's going to be a pretty low scoring round I think, except for those who had Kerevi or Folau. I.e. not me. :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Okay I've developed my tactic for the season. Load my team up with as many players from the two teams playing the Rebels or Sunwolves. Rinse and repeat next week, swapping out players whose price would've skyrocketed presumably from scoring a hattrick each. Make infinity money. But in all seriousness, Jan Serfontein returns to the bulls starting line up this week against the moondogs, hot get me thinks.

FazzDog

Frank Nicholson (4)
Poor round for me Lads.. overtaken in all my leagues by big numbers :(

I just saw that MacKenzie is playing 10 for the Chiefs against Rebels...as an Outside Back he should score high! Tip of the week haha

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Owners of Israel Folau rejoice - the week I cut him, he explodes for 70. I finished a full 150 pts under the average as my captain and vice captain went down injured within 15 minutes of taking the park.

Those injuries to Tamanivalu and Naholo allowed me to bring in Lukhanyo Am (Shorks) and Damian McKenzie. I also ditched Reece Robinson from my bench for Curwin Bosch, who will start at 10 for the Sharks for the next 6-8 weeks with Lambie's latest.

I've got a proper selection headache though

Which of Julian Savea (vs injured Highlanders), McKenzie (vs atrocious Rebels), Curwin Bosch (vs Kings) and Joaquin Tuculet (vs Cheetahs) do I leave out?

Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 5.34.06 PM.png

Jason Little

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone else having trouble with Foxsports today?

I just logged in and - my team is gone!

Same here, and I can't figure out how to re-agree to the T's & C's or whatever. Anyone?

Last week it was also impossible to do trades on Safari, and only figured out it worked on chrome after start time (which had rather a negative effect on my team o_O). So I don't know what's going on..

Jason Little

Bob McCowan (2)
It looks like it's screwed. Too late to do anything now, my team is full of injured Crusaders :(

It's because I, and perhaps you, have made updates on our computers lately and the Fantasy people haven't. Or something like that. Security settings blocked their pop-up. I finally managed it by using an old computer that was gathering dust. I share your pain, because I only figured this out after my injured Crusaders were locked in. There is only a dude or two running this thing, and if one has a hangover, then that's why it sometimes takes until Tuesday for the results to come in, and also why Fox never did anything about the hundreds of requests to go back to the little jersey icons on the old interface. They don't seem to want to promote rugby too much. Anyway, try getting rid of all your pop-up blockers and security settings for the Fantasy site, or, try somebody else's computer. Once you get that box to tick, ther's nothing to worry about until the next time they do something useless.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I also ditched Reece Robinson from my bench for Curwin Bosch, who will start at 10 for the Sharks for the next 6-8 weeks with Lambie's latest.

I've got a proper selection headache though

Which of Julian Savea (vs injured Highlanders), McKenzie (vs atrocious Rebels), Curwin Bosch (vs Kings) and Joaquin Tuculet (vs Cheetahs) do I leave out?

Note that Curwin Bosch has been sent back to 15 (impossible to believe after last week) and a 20yo rookie is at 10. I know its the Kings, but Bosch looked very good. He could still score well from 15, probably not as well as from 10 potentially. Not sure who will take the penalty kicks.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
If anyone has issues with the website I'd suggest trying a different browser if you have one installed. The first thing I do when I get a website that's not behaving as it should is try another browser (I have IE, Firefox and Chrome) and that usually fixes it. Firefox seems to work best for Fox Fantasy Rugby in my experience.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I really miss the wildcard option of previous years. I really need to make more than three trades this week, but I was stuck. Two starters didn't even play and there was nothing I could do

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Cut Dane Coles, freeing up the cap room to bring in some high scoring backs and keep Jaco Kriel.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 11.03.54 AM.png

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There's not even a thread for the Force v Kings game, but are the Force planning to name a side?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Round 8 was a strange one. I made a few bad mistakes and was expecting to get smashed with only 478. Dropped 17 places, which is virtually nothing. Everyone else must have had a 'mare too.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Does anyone know how Fox is handling the split rounds caused by the Lions tour? It looks like a nightmare.

Round 15 is played between June 2 and July 1. So transfers will be locked out until the Tuesday (July 4) ie no changes allowed till then. But one game of round 16 is to be played on June 9 - Hurricanes v Chiefs where a lot of high value players will be engaged. Because of the lockout, you won't be able to transfer any injured players or substitute any of players you have selected from these teams.

When it comes time to pick your teams for round 16, between July 4 and 7, the results and scores of the first game will be known. Even if Fox keep the scoring secret, you'll get a pretty good idea from watching who goes well and who doesn't. So can you change your team between July 4 and 7 in the knowledge of how two of the teams have gone? But how can they stop people manipulating their teams because if they lock out Chiefs and Canes players, people who wanted to trade them due to round 15 injury or performance can't do that?

I don't see any solution unless Fox make you pick two teams, for rounds 15 and 16 prior to June 2 and even that will mean you can't make changes for possible injury in the international window. Got me stuffed.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Best of luck with it. By my maths there will be 6 trades, but that could go out the window because there is 4 byes this week at the moment.

From a league I'm in..............

Round 15 will go for approximately a month (June 2 to July 1) ... and the first game of Round 16 (Chiefs at Hurricanes, Friday, June 9) will be excluded from the Fantasy Fixture. So in essence, the Chiefs and Hurricanes have a third bye for purposes of the fantasy game. Thanks, FanHub Media.

Status
Not open for further replies.