• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Favorite Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wal

non-aussie Tana Umaga. Very damaging and was sadly missed by the all blacks in 03 WC.
Richie McCaw. You just cant stop him, he seems to be everywhere.

Aussie Phil kearns. Brought some professionalism to the Aussie team, I think inspired a new generation of hookers.
John Eales. Had all the skills.
Bernie Larkham. His ability to put the defence on the backfoot.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Sergio Parisse. Brillant eightman and always gives his all for his country. I also admire the athleticism of Imanol Harinordoquy & Kieran Reid and Wycliff Palu's physicality.

Burglar Bill (Martyn Williams), BOD and Big Morty are a few others that come to mind.

And I supppose Humphreys Senior & Junior and that big bastard Ferris as well if I put my Ulster hat on.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Larkham, Smith, Mortlock and Gerrard.

Williams, Caucau, Rocokoko....Heymans (for that magnificent try against the kiwi's)

Henry

Bill Watson (15)

I do remember myself liking him back in the day but i can't seem to remember why...
The 'Rugby Rivalries' on Fox have been pretty interesting. Good to re-watch some of the old games. Saw the 2004 game Tah's v Brumbies and M. Burke was very good in that game. Albeit the Tahs chose to let him go after that season...

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Many here may not know, but Bman would not be upset if he could have Gerrard's babies if it were possible.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Debatable...

I have noticed there is a bit of Shmoo love around here which is great. Not much for poor old Elsom which isn't a great considering he is meant to be the Australian captain who leads us to a World Cup, maybe that will come.

W

wal

I have noticed there is a bit of Shmoo love around here which is great. Not much for poor old Elsom which isn't a great considering he is meant to be the Australian captain who leads us to a World Cup, maybe that will come.

I am sure that if he is captain of a world cup winning team there will be a lot more enthusiasm for Rocky

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
would say tana umaga. Interesting to see he is playing for the chiefs now. Can't wait too see what he is like now. It's hard to pick one Aussie but chris lathm is hard to miss and pocock would be my best ATM.

Go the force!!!!

S

skullring

Pierre Spies. Sensational athlete, probably the first rugby player that's physical attributes come close to matching some of the elite specimens in the NFL

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Pierre Spies. Sensational athlete, probably the first rugby player that's physical attributes come close to matching some of the elite specimens in the NFL

Palu would be up there with NFL size And Chisholm. Spies has got some pace though. I think lomu could have played in the NFL.

Go the force!!!!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Palu would be up there with NFL size And Chisholm. Spies has got some pace though. I think lomu could have played in the NFL.

Go the force!!!!

While guys may have the bodies and physical attributes to play gridiron, the games are sooooo different I think it'll be a long time before anyone successfully makes that cross-over if ever.

Look at how difficult it can be for players to switch between rugby and league. Having played all 3 codes but especially rugby and gridiron, the difference even at the lowest levels is quite considerable.

BTW - favourite players: Lomu, Cullen, Umaga, Olo Brown and Brian Lima - just for his pure hitting ability.

Fav Wallabies: Larkham, George Smith, Latham and Pocock is amazing ATM.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
I reckon SBW would be a top NFL player had he been born in the states. That blokes an athletic freak... Lomu obviously also.

Don't think anyone would make the switch though - either way. I remember some college footballers from the States coming out to play league years ago. They didn't go too well if memory serves...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My favourate all time player is Chris Latham. There are so many though. Acouple of blasts from the pasts for me are John Kirwin and Gavin Hastings.

S

shitkicker

I also vastly prefer the big hookers - the 100 kg wannabe loose forwards shit me to tears. And Moore always seems to give his all whereas guys with 2-3 caps are out their twiddling their thumbs, not taking their opportunties.

Status
Not open for further replies.