• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Federal Coalition Government 2013-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Labor are declaring they have no confidence in Bronwyn Bishop being impartial as parliamentary speaker.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I thought Stuart Berry was bad until I saw Bronwyn Bishop run question time today.

Great opening partnership from the libs. 98 for the loss of none. Will Bronnie get an ovation if she makes a century of ejections from the house with the openers still at the crease?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
When has a speaker not been biased, it is pretty clear the libs considered labor's speakers unreasonable as well, as they watched Pyne do his regular walk of shame for a rest.

Absolute crap. You could search the records and find numerous examples of both sides of the house praising Harry Jenkins as Speaker.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What might be surprising is the independents voted with the government. Perhaps they thought the ALP "doth protest to much"

Leo Mclay was worse.

Interesting post given that recently the topic in this thread has been respect for the office of PM. I don't think McLay was much of a speaker but what I remember most about that period of time was John Hewson always turning his back on the PM when he spake in the House.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
and he was speaker for whole period labor was in government?

No. I thought Anna Burke did a pretty good job too.

The Coalition has decided that Bishop doesn't need to follow the standard procedure of the speaker sitting outside the party room.

Whatever your opinion, it was very clear yesterday that Bishop completely lost control of the house. She hasn't managed to shift away from the role she has played in parliament in both government and opposition for almost 20 years. Instead of taking the role of trying to facilitate the smooth running of the house she has very much taken the role of just trying to keep the ALP in check.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Tony Abbott's pre-budget fortnight of blunders and stuff-ups

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/tony-abbotts-prebudget-fortnight-of-blunders-and-stuffups-20140327-zqnkm.html#ixzz2xDDggZKL

"Even though it's depressing to see it play out every day and that it will directly effect Australia's future, this government is a text book case study of a political party elected for no other reason than effective (yet completely dumb) sloganeering and an electorate duped into punishing the opposite team by the invested commercial interests of commercial media"

Status
Not open for further replies.