• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
You'd think it would be last resort so much lower odds than that.

Who knows how far it has gone at this point, all we know that some initial talks were made last month.
I meant 50 50 like palying out of perth and japan

Will wait and see if more is said

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The story wouldn't load. Would it be 50 50

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Just put it in google and comes up outside of paywall.....Well Sunwolves been given notice to improve or out...hard to see how it could work but at this point as stated in article something to explore (and early days) to have some sort of connection to reconsider where Force could be involved as possible Plan D. At least WA Rugby are thinking a Plan D as seems left to them as ARU unlike SARU seem to don't want to or incapable of looking at Plan B, C or D.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...t-on-super-rugbys-future-20170817-gxyhlk.html

NSW Waratahs, Queensland Reds and ACT Brumbies meet on Super Rugby's future

Tom Decent Chris Dutton

Australia's three traditional rugby powerhouses have called a meeting at ARU headquarters to ensure major staff turnover and a legal battle with the Western Force isn't a distraction for the future of the game.

Officials from the NSW Waratahs, Queensland Reds and ACT Brumbies will meet at the ARU on Friday in a bid to get clarity on the ARU's plans for next year and beyond.

--

Sorry, this lot need to meet to consider their future? Sounds like another Old Boys meeting to pick over the carcass.

Rebels/Vic will be pleased they're not invited. Still not a "rugby" state. You still don't matter.

Reactions: dru

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Someone was asking about legal matters and what the government(s) might do?
From our friends at Nedlands...
Your columnist can reveal those contradictory statements have not gone un-noticed in both the Federal and WA Parliaments. From the Federal perspective, would some sort of parliamentary review of the ARU’s governance be out of the question in the wake of what is happening here?
What is known however, as your columnist has previously alluded to, is that the WA State Solicitor General is combing through the undertakings and assurances given by the ARU regarding the Force’s future which saw close to $100 million of taxpayer’s money committed to upgrading nib Stadium.
http://nedlandsrugby.com.au/2017/08/17/super-rugby-saga-becomes-scandal/

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
It's not that the Force is getting cut I find tiresome, mate.

It's not anything peculiar to Aus, but anywhere in the the world the further you are from the seat of power the less you are heard and thus the more likely you will suffer to some degree in comparison.

B

BLR

It's not that the Force is getting cut I find tiresome, mate.
Ok, well keep in mind, this isn't an East v West conspiracy theory, this is an ARU & VRU(in the VRU's case, why would they not?) fucking us theory, which, can you say is not true?

Considering when the initial meeting in April when the ARU said they were weighing up there options, instead of giving the RugbyWA criteria to prove themselves they told RugbyWA 'why we are cutting you' using unsigned contracts with Victoria as justification.

This information is coming from people sitting inside this meeting so can you see now how maybe we are a little bit bitter over not getting a fair go?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Why would he give up a head coaches role (Force or even Rebels) to be a defence coach?
Defense coach would be a short term role as Munsters director of rugby is leaving half way through the season.

Plus they are last years European semi finalist and Pro 12 finalist.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...t-on-super-rugbys-future-20170817-gxyhlk.html

NSW Waratahs, Queensland Reds and ACT Brumbies meet on Super Rugby's future

Tom Decent Chris Dutton

Australia's three traditional rugby powerhouses have called a meeting at ARU headquarters to ensure major staff turnover and a legal battle with the Western Force isn't a distraction for the future of the game.

Officials from the NSW Waratahs, Queensland Reds and ACT Brumbies will meet at the ARU on Friday in a bid to get clarity on the ARU's plans for next year and beyond.

--

Sorry, this lot need to meet to consider their future? Sounds like another Old Boys meeting to pick over the carcass.

Rebels/Vic will be pleased they're not invited. Still not a "rugby" state. You still don't matter.

Nope, we matter. Late call up to the Meeting for the Rebels.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agenda

Attendees: Reds, Brumbies, Waratahs

9:00-9:45 = Tea and biscuits
9:50-10:30 = Rugby Powerhouses - how cool is it?
10:35-11:10 = Salary Cap Discussions
11:15-12:00 = Wallaby Player 'draft'
12:00-14:00 = Quick lunch
14:10- 14:25 = 10 year Super Rugby strategy planning
14:30 - 14:45 = Governance review
14:50 - 15:00 = Club Rugby Development
15:05 - 15:15 = Womens Rugby Development
15:20 - 15:30 = Schools Rugby Development
15:35-15:45 = Afternoon Tea
15:45 = Rebels to arrive
15:45 - 16:00 = Afternoon Tea
16:05 - 16:15 = 2017 Season Draw Review
16:20 - 16:30 = Australian Rugby Union "State of the Game"
16:35 = Close.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Agenda

Attendees: Reds, Brumbies, Waratahs

9:00-9:45 = Tea and biscuits
9:50-10:30 = Rugby Powerhouses - how cool is it?
10:35-11:10 = Salary Cap Discussions
11:15-12:00 = Wallaby Player 'draft'
12:00-14:00 = Quick lunch
14:10- 14:25 = 10 year Super Rugby strategy planning Still at lunch
14:30 - 14:45 = Governance review Still at lunch
14:50 - 15:00 = Club Rugby Development Reschedule afternoon to a wine bar
15:05 - 15:15 = Womens Rugby Development and pinot noir appreciation
15:20 - 15:30 = Schools Rugby Development and cab sauv appreciation
15:35-15:45 = Afternoon Tea Return to ARU HQ
15:45 = Rebels to arrive
15:45 - 16:00 = Afternoon Tea Beer O'Clock
16:05 - 16:15 = 2017 Season Draw Review