• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Worth a re-visit 12 months after that last game against the Tahs in Perth.

Thanks for your efforts in keeping the Western Force alive and helping to turn the WSR dream into reality.

Onya Hodgo!

Reactions: dru

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good to see community rugby in WA being supported at all levels.
Thanks Minderoo for backing RugbyWA........

The Western Force Women's 7's team will take on Hong Kong over a three day series at Curtin University.

The series will feature seven WF v HK games, RugbyWA Juniors U14 and U16's games and a Come and Try RugbyRoos event!

All 7 games will be held at Curtin University Rugby.
Edinburgh Oval, Bently
3-5 August 2018

Key Dates and Times:

⚫️Friday 3rd August
Come and Try RugbyRoo's – 5pm
WF v HK Game 1 – Kick off at 6:30pm
WF v HK Game 2 – Kick off at 8:00pm

⚫️Saturday 4th August – in conjunction with Rugby WA Juniors.
WF v HK Game 3 – Kick off at 8:00am
WF v HK Game 4 – Kick off at 10:15am
WF v HK Game 5 – Kick off at 12:30pm

U16 Swan v ARKS – Kick off at 8:30am
U16 Wests Scarborough v Nedlands – Kick off at 8:50am
U14 Girls Development – Kick off at 9:15am
U16 Nedlands v ARKs – Kick off at 10:45am
U16 Swan v Wests Scarborough – Kick off at 11:10am

⚫️Sunday 5th August
WF v HK Game 6 – Kick off at 9:00am
WF v HK Game 7 – Kick off at 11:30am

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
So good to see the Rugby fans in WA returning to watch the Western Force in action.

37734080_1838271512878256_8176151975209992192_n.jpg

Near-full house (19,466) at nib Stadium in Game 1 against Fiji.

2018-07-25_20-55-10.png

Game 2 against Tonga (16, 323)

37629806_1838273646211376_3142842275898327040_n.jpg

Northern side - "The Shed" in full voice against Tonga.

37805076_1838271472878260_8501584018049859584_n.jpg

Eastern Stand against Tonga

37243191_1828099343895473_8033605055787565056_n.jpg

Game 5 against Samoa on the wildest night of the year. Full Eastern Stand as patrons invited to come in out of the storm.
11,677 mad fans hiding under every bit of cover that they could find.

Thanks Minderoo - build a worthwhile competition and "they will come".
"Go the distance" Andrew Forrest.
MIH - Matt Hodgson and the Mineroo team.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Toyota Torque - Episode 9 - Part 1

In this weeks episode of Toyota Torque Chris Heiberg and Heath Tessmann talk about their thriving bromance, Heiberg's first try in 10 years and Heath's plan to make Chris a 'plant-based' prop. Enjoy!

Toyota Torque - Episode 9 - Part 2

In this weeks episode of Toyota Torque Chris Heiberg and Heath Tessmann talk about Chris's favourite song, how Heath would describe Chris on a dating website and whether they would cope on a deserted island.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Christ there is a juxtaposition here. Dialing in to the Force and comparing this to well, from my perspective Reds and RA. Hey I live in Sydney, and all the best to the Tahs on their 2018 journey, but hell. Force, you know, just grabs you in a way that nothing in the east has for a very long time.

"Kick arse Force" isnt even a thing you can say because it presumes you aren't - and you are. Inspirational stuff WA. Somewhere, some way, perhaps RA can learn.

God I hope so.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Force tackles the outback

minderoo-station-4.png

July 27, 2018
By Andrew Deegan

As Monday morning came I knew I was about to embark on an adventure into the unknown of the West Australian outback with nothing more than my limited country knowledge and a team full of excitement.
Before I begin my tales of the Force in the outback, I would like to say a very big thank you to Andrew and Nicola Forrest and the Minderoo Station staff for allowing us this incredible opportunity. We can’t thank you enough and we were all honestly in awe of this amazing property and hospitality.

Like a group school students heading off for an excursion, spirits were high and the adrenaline was pumping as we headed to the airport. From the moment we set our eyes on the plane, we knew this was going to be a week to remember. Cramming into a small 2×2 seated aircraft, hoping to not outweigh its maximum capacity, I could see the fear in the other boys’ eyes as they hoped this would not be our last flight. After over-dramatically saying our prayers we were treated to what could only be described as the most spectacular view of the West Aussie outback and what was to become our home for the next few days. It wasn’t long before we did in fact land safely into the open arms of Minderoo Station.

Swags in hand, we wandered through the beautiful red landscape down to the river to cool off with a few trusty rope swings and a crackling fire for entertainment, before heading back to the campsite for hearty feed.

It wasn’t until day two that the reality of country living really dawned on us. Three hours of stick picking in hot the sun was a bonding experience like no other. Imagine 40 city slickers spread across a red dirt paddock getting a taste of tough country life with only each other and few stray alpacas for company. With the hot sun burning down and the red dirt covering every inch of us, the campsite lagoon was more of a saviour than a luxury.

We capped off our day as we made our way to the beach, with a quick pit stop to explore the ghost town of Old Onslow. A little bit of fishing and a barrel fire that had no plans to settle any time soon set the scene for some good old school camp singing. Clay Uyen’s guitar was almost set alight as Masivesi Dakuwaqa demanded Daryl Braithwaite’s Horse’s to be played on repeat.

Day three taught us how to train in outback style as we flipped tyres, carried poles and pushed utes up and back. Nails were definitely broken as about 30 odd of us footy blokes really began to discover our long lost country root. Though some definitely preferred the comfort of our gym at HQ.

But the most humbling of moments (ever more so than the hours of stick picking) was getting the chance to get to know the Minderoo Station staff. To hear that even so far away from Perth people gathered to watch and cheer on the Force was a truly rewarding moment and we are incredibly grateful for their ongoing support.

It would be difficult to pinpoint a single most enjoyable moment of the camp, but on the plane home I certainly felt closer to the boys than I had felt before and indebted to the accumulation of moments that definitely made the trip one that I will never forget. From Jaque Fourie being chased by a ram to Kieran Longbottom using the river mud as a ‘natural exfoliator’ over all the week was a massive success. We couldn’t be more thankful to the Western Force staff and the loyal supporters for their devoted support to allow us to make these amazing memories.

As the week comes to an end, we look forward to getting back to training and seeing you all out there when we play Hong Kong Dragons on August 10, freshly bonded from our outback adventure.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/force-tackles-the-outback/

Welcome to the West Andrew Deegan.
(aka Very good #10 and a fierce tackler. Thanks for not wanting him East Coast)

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Episode 10: Toyota Torque

In this week's episode of Toyota Torque, Jack McGregor and Issak Fines talk hairstyles, trash talking, their go-to karaoke choices and which teammate would make the best superhero sidekick!

Jack & Issak making their mark in the West.
Pleased that these two are getting a chance with WSR.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Episode 11: Toyota Torque

Ahead of his 50th cap for the Force against the Hong Kong Dragons, Brynard Stander talks with coach Tim Sampson about the occasion, celebrating the night with teammate Marcel Brache, growing up in South Africa and how important family is to the man known as "Bull".

Status
Not open for further replies.