• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don’t want to comment on the numbers as I wish the Force the best but one thing we all must agree on is the horrendous commentary minus Gordon. It makes the Fox team sound like Martin Tyler. Kevin Meal-a-Moo I repeat Kevin Meal-a-moo if you do not no Mealamu’s name and obviously who he is you have no right on any rugby coverage. Can we scrap the Lima scale as well it is something from the 80s WWF.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
I don’t want to comment on the numbers as I wish the Force the best but one thing we all must agree on is the horrendous commentary minus Gordon. It makes the Fox team sound like Martin Tyler. Kevin Meal-a-Moo I repeat Kevin Meal-a-moo if you do not no Mealamu’s name and obviously who he is you have no right on any rugby coverage. Can we scrap the Lima scale as well it is something from the 80s WWF.

Yeah, that Meal-a-Moo thing reminded me of Tony Greig in the 90s when he used to add syllables to cricketers' surnames and had a unique interpretation of the term "clean bowled."

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Uyen on some other teams radars. He’s a good player, one of the best young wingers in the country

B

Bobby Sands

Love whats going on in Perth, I think that Twiggy Rugby will become the real third-tier of Australian rugby in the short-term and that the Western Force will enter another major competition.

Would be great to see Perth win, or at least go really well in the NRC this year too.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Come on guys, they were playing Hong Kong and with the greatest respect, anyone would look good playing against that type of opposition.

The real test for them will be during NRC when they will come up against better opposition. Great little run of games for the squad whilst other teams are yet to be put together. An advantage they will have on all the other teams heading into the 2018 NRC season

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Twitter/Periscope counts every view individually. Actual live online viewers ranged between 600 and 800.

Personally with my dodgy Aussie internet I probably refreshed 20 times throughout the game. No idea how the number got to more than 100k, I'd say that's unlikely.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Twitter/Periscope counts every view individually. Actual live online viewers ranged between 600 and 800.

Personally with my dodgy Aussie internet I probably refreshed 20 times throughout the game. No idea how the number got to more than 100k, I'd say that's unlikely.

They have the viewer count at the bottom of the screen.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Episode 12: Toyota Torque

In this week's episode of Toyota Torque, Jacques Fourie and Peter Grant talk about their time playing in Japan, the lack of Kangaroos in Perth and Jacques love of Vegemite.

One of the better ones with a couple of Saffas met 'n klets.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Western Force coach Tim Sampson makes big strides in first season
Nick Taylor - The West Australian - Tuesday, 28 August 2018

When the final whistle blew on 2018 World Series Rugby, Western Force coach Tim Sampson took a few quiet moments to reflect on what his side had achieved in just a few months.
He had arrived in Perth five months earlier with just six weeks to fashion a side to face Fiji.
They surprised plenty with a 24-14 win but saved the best until last with the astonishing 50-45 victory over the powerful Panasonic Wild Knights.

But Sampson has barely had time to gather his thoughts on the seven WSR games before starting his preparation for the National Rugby Championship campaign that kicks-off against Brisbane City on Sunday in Queensland.
He faces a new set of challenges against some strong NRC sides, particularly Melbourne Rising with a squad loaded with Rebels’ Super Rugby experience and nine former Force players.

“I sat back in the change rooms and it hit me for the first time how far we had come in such a short time…..beating a quality team like Panasonic,” Sampson said.

His arrival from Canberra, where he had led the Vikings to last year’s NRC minor premiership, had been something of a whirlwind.
“Because everything happened so quickly I didn’t have time to think about the long term,” he said.
“I was thinking short term and how important it was to get the programme started in a professional manner for the players."
“The early focus was on assembling our squad and making sure we connected very quickly."
“In my first training session we only had 18 players on the field."
“As we progressed three or four more players would arrive and we would have to pull things back a bit and start again."
“Then another few players would arrive and we’d go back to square one."
“It was tricky but we managed it and the squad became very tight, very quickly.”

The Force won five of their seven WSR games against Fiji, Tonga, Samoa, Hong Kong and the Wild Knights, losing to Super Rugby sides the Rebels and Crusaders.

But it was in the last performance against the powerful Wild Knights that really pleased Sampson.
“The Rebels and Crusaders results didn’t go our way but we played some pretty good rugby in portions, “ he said.
“Playing the way we did against Panasonic was pretty impressive. It was a combination of extreme hard work by everyone. It all came together so well."
“Over in the Eastern States they have certainly ben keeping a keen eye on what is going on over here."
“The comments I have been getting is that they are loving the whole WSR show."
“It’s something that’s been missing for some years in rugby."
“I’ve also been getting positive comments about the style of rugby and the skill levels.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wester...kes-big-strides-in-first-season-ng-b88942654z

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looking forward to hearing about plans for WSR - I read on twf and other media that Castle providing some positive messages about dialogue, alignment and support for WSR with wider oz rugby interests....

I can only hope like so many other suffering Rugby supporters that perhaps with better collaboration between RA and Twiggy we can perhaps have ALL oz rugby supporters with a new dawn (stuff the East Coast vs West Coast stuff as most of us don't think of things that way but rather wider oz rugby interests).

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.