• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am a little disappointed it has taken him so long to be this involved (I know he employed Hodgo and was a jersey sponsor) but gee whiz now he is he doesn't do it halfhearted. I hope whatever deal he suggests for the survival of the Force includes money for the grassroots in WA.

B

BLR

I am a little disappointed it has taken him so long to be this involved (I know he employed Hodgo and was a jersey sponsor) but gee whiz now he is he doesn't do it halfhearted. I hope whatever deal he suggests for the survival of the Force includes money for the grassroots in WA.

He said during the rally the reason he didn't get involved so early is because he (and to be fair, I would say most people) thought that surely the Force couldn't be cut considering our benefit to the game in Australia.

As for grassroots he has helped fund the academy over here when the ARU decided to move everything over East so I think that will be pretty well looked after.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Yes there are a lot of wealthy rugby supporters, but out of interest why would they suddenly come out of the woodwork to donate now just because Twiggy is involved?

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)

If he would've come early his money would've been pissed away in a failing sport.
At this later stage there is at least the option for real change nationally.
I'm happy he didn't blow his load early.

B

BLR

Surely not.

You would think there would be stipulations in place. eg. resignation of the board, KPI's for funding, reinstatement of the Force. Actual change, and there is little indication the ARU are willing to do so.

Roll on the senate inquiry and splinter competition I suppose.

B

BLR

Can clyne decline on his own?
If there was ever a chance for the rest of the board to save some face it's now and no confidence CC on the basis of this.

Eales & Robinson were there as well. So I would think they are in as deep as Clyne at this point.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Eales & Robinson were there as well. So I would think they are in as deep as Clyne at this point.
I'd (foolishly) hoped their role in attending was more facilitation through Welborn and not blind minions standing behind the fearless leader. But given everything to date that was probably wishful thinking.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Can clyne decline on his own?
If there was ever a chance for the rest of the board to save some face it's now and no confidence CC on the basis of this.

You'd normally think so.

But it's all about Clyne.

I've heard Clyne supposedly applied for job with Forrest some time back. He was de-clyned.

B

BLR

You'd normally think so.

But it's all about Clyne.

I've heard Clyne supposedly applied for job with Forrest some time back. He was de-clyned.

I wonder how this would be affecting his current and future job prospects? Surely there will be a point where he realises the only company that would hire him would have him flipping burgers.

Although I suppose working in banks he would have ripped enough out that way to not need to work anymore.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ok is the ARU holding out for a better offer from TF or is it no matter how much TF offers they will turn him down.

I am not getting on the rampage on turning down the offer as clearly don't have details at this point and may be more to this.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I wonder how this would be affecting his current and future job prospects? Surely there will be a point where he realises the only company that would hire him would have him flipping burgers.

Although I suppose working in banks he would have ripped enough out that way to not need to work anymore.

Sadly, I'd imagine he's got more than enough links with a few old boys around town to get some very well paid gigs. Sadly, it's largely about who you know rather than performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.