• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Blues - 2011R04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
They look very strong and should rack up 4 tries against the Force, Payne is playing that Conrad Smith style organisation/continuity role very well, Ice looks great at 15. I wouldn't be surprised if both weren't in the ABs this season.

I'd be VERY surprised if Payne made it....competing with Conrad Smith, Robbie Fruean, Richard Kahui and possibly Rene Ranger and........Tana Umaga (why didn't you come back in 2007???).....2012 maybe....

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kahui is a "food bill", as TSF likes to call him, Ranger is more a strong wing with limited distribution skills, and Umaga is too old and won't be considered (and I doubt is up to it, despite still showing touches of his old class at times).

So the two I grant you will definitely be Smith and Fruean. Payne may make it if they want another outside back who can play 13/15/wing, although Ice falls into that role too, and as you mentioned Ranger is a wing who can play 13 if needed.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wasn't there talk that Fruean was a defensive liability? Also I seem to recall some murmors about him riding SBW to the top, feeding off SBW's class.

Seems to be a good player, just wondering what those who have seen him in more than two games think?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'd be VERY surprised if Payne made it....competing with Conrad Smith, Robbie Fruean, Richard Kahui and possibly Rene Ranger and........Tana Umaga (why didn't you come back in 2007???).....2012 maybe....

It depends on who will be the 12s. If Nonu and SBW are the 12s, Smith and Payne would be great options to interchange with the those two 12s.

To me, it is about balance. I don't think Fruean or Kahui match those two 12s to excel at test level in the big matches

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was impressed by Toeava's boot in the games in SA. Didn't even know he had one but he kicked the ball a long way.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Well brown is at 6 Hodgson at 7 and mccalman at 8 for the game. Also cummings is at 13 and mafi comes in on the wing at 14. Matt Brandon in the bench.

I want too see this guy play. I have here's good things on here about him. (Brandon)

Go the force!!!!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They look very strong and should rack up 4 tries against the Force, Payne is playing that Conrad Smith style organisation/continuity role very well, Ice looks great at 15. I wouldn't be surprised if both weren't in the ABs this season.

Ice perenially looks great wherever he plays at Super level. I rate him pretty highly. I'll bet Kiwis hate the fact that he hasn't done as well for the All Blacks though.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
I see nobody is watching this match. Has the ref got a yellow card palsy?

Ranger is the only player allowed tatts.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Good game so far, the Force are playing fucking well. JOC (James O'Connor) is carving up.

You get the sense though that when the Blues get their shit together they could go bang bang bang and all of a sudden its 35-16.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Most people don't like to know they have haematuria.

That'd be clarety urine, an entirely different thing.
Meanwhile, back on topic, the Force are looking bloody good at the moment. Mind you, the Blues are making some shocking errors that don't hurt.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Awesome game thus far but my fantasy team is screwed (Ali off, Alby not on till after half time, Woodcock & Rene making some mistakes). Having said that I'd love to see the force win this.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I had the Blues to win by 15 in my tipping, but I'm happy to be proved wrong by the Force if they can take this.
And there's another unforced error from the Blues.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
That'd be clarety urine, an entirely different thing.
Meanwhile, back on topic, the Force are looking bloody good at the moment. Mind you, the Blues are making some shocking errors that don't hurt.

Clarety? That is what is known as a Dad joke. Very good anyway at hhis time of night.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Clarety? That is what is known as a Dad joke. Very good anyway at hhis time of night.

Yeah, bit of a shocker, but I peaked some time ago.
Bloody good game to watch this one. Plenty of application by the Force forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.