• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Blues, Round 13, 21 May 2016, NIB Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Farce can't even win when the Nutsack and the Blues combine to hand it to them on a platter

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Wow that was so bad. Felt sorry for the force players in the end. Not there fault their coach has no clue what he's doing.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
We should have taken the scrum with that last penalty. They either lose a back or a backrower- either way it benefits us.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
god help any poor prick who sat thru that torrid squalor without a vested interest in either team

shit-for-brains Blues decided to play like the Force. Blunted attack. blunted as in a pre-match smoke up

Poor Matt Hodgson. Standing in the immediate vicinity of so many Blues players he mustve temporarily contracted the highly contagious Blues Brainlock when he barked that quick tap off his fuckin shins.

Blues win but poor fuckin Force.

Defeated by drudgery

Toppled by torpor

Felled by forcelessness.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
god help any poor prick who sat thru that torrid squalor without a vested interest in either team

shit-for-brains Blues decided to play like the Force. Blunted attack. blunted as in a pre-match smoke up

Poor Matt Hodgson. Standing in the immediate vicinity of so many Blues players he mustve temporarily contracted the highly contagious Blues Brainlock when he barked that quick tap off his fuckin shins.

Blues win but poor fuckin Force.

Defeated by drudgery

Toppled by torpor

Felled by forcelessness.
I am no fan of either side, mostly I felt pity for the poor bastards who had to play out in a weather I myself found hard to even watch via scrappy stream.

You can accuse both of those teams for a great many things, but fuck did they never give up.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I really hope that Foley will go back to his strength and coach forwards. He was a very good forwards coach.

I do feel sorry for the Force players and fans, but this was avoidable, after the Tahs debacle Foley should never have been given another HC position. The Force management are just plainly incompetent.

The Force have again dominated the ball and spent so much time in the Blues 22 the fans at the other end could be forgiven for going home because they couldn't see the other end of the field in the rain and didn't know the game was still going on. But what attack structures did the Force have to do anything with the ball and field position? Nothing. Nada, zilch. Sweet FA.

The Force are dire, just as the Tahs were before them, but their predicament is made worse because even though they played the risk averse game plan for all the years Foley has been there they still don't have an effective kicking game. Where is the effective chase, where are the contestable kicks and players effectively contesting? Again the Force aren't the lone rangers in that regard in Australia but then most of the other sides haven't played that sort of game either (except the Brumbies).

M

Moono75

I really hope that Foley will go back to his strength and coach forwards. He was a very good forwards coach.

I do feel sorry for the Force players and fans, but this was avoidable, after the Tahs debacle Foley should never have been given another HC position. The Force management are just plainly incompetent.

The Force have again dominated the ball and spent so much time in the Blues 22 the fans at the other end could be forgiven for going home because they couldn't see the other end of the field in the rain and didn't know the game was still going on. But what attack structures did the Force have to do anything with the ball and field position? Nothing. Nada, zilch. Sweet FA.

The Force are dire, just as the Tahs were before them, but their predicament is made worse because even though they played the risk averse game plan for all the years Foley has been there they still don't have an effective kicking game. Where is the effective chase, where are the contestable kicks and players effectively contesting? Again the Force aren't the lone rangers in that regard in Australia but then most of the other sides haven't played that sort of game either (except the Brumbies).

the kick chase is dire. You wonder why bother if no one is there to contest and put pressure on the receiver :mad:

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scrum would've been uncontested so not sure it would've helped you that much.
Not paying attention, they didn't have a front rower to being back on due to YC and injuries.

Uncontested or not, surely you'd still have to pack three people in the front row of the scrum and surely that would either have to be a back or a backrower. Better to guarantee yourself possession and play to the one man advantage than to risk possession for a driving maul that had not been successful on the three odd previous attempts.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A most frustrating loss. With the amount of pill we had in the second half and the number of cynical penalties given away by the Blues we should have won by a cricket score. But as it was we didn't know what to do with the ball when we got it.

The weather was arse but it didn't really make things any worse out there. It would have been just as bad in the dry.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
You'd have to think he's gone and their just waiting till the end of the season to announce it

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Conflicted. We won't win another game from here without Hodgo, but if that's what's required to get the process of change started its for the best.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Does anyone know how close Jono Lance is to a return? They said he was out for six weeks and that was about eight weeks ago. Prior's done a commendably good job at 10 but Lance is really the only chance the Force have of another win this year IMO. Although looking at the games they have coming up, even that's unlikely to save them.

Status
Not open for further replies.