• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think Hocking's bench selection can be put down to him just coming back from a long term injury, working him back from the bench.

I thought Pat O'Connor was pretty reasonable in fact.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Jeez the Force lacked focus against a very scatty Blues side. Even with their utterly hopeless props and Sharpe in the T5, Young kept fucking around on the scrum feed. While in France he caught a severe case of Greganitis - stands around pointing at the fucking ball and arguing with people, rather than just passing the fucking thing. He's also taking two steps to throw a 5m pass which is a bad sign for the Force, having thrown Stannard away. Valentine suffers from a short temper and wayward play but the horsies will make the most out of that buy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Losingest moment of the game - Giteau is running upfield with Rabbit outside him, and chooses Pocock inside. Then Rabbit doesn't follow the ball...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Jury said:
Mitchell plays favourites. It's quite simple and I can say that from experience.

its obvious. pek cowan and aj play like unfit overweight looseys. the kind that youd get in a 3rd grade team.
how do they get super 14 starting selection

troy takiari still has alot of promise. kiern longbottom im still sussing out.

hopefully my boys get it together.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Thinking back - those were some streaky tries by the Force and they were probably lucky to get a bonus point all things considered. The Blues played with a fair bit of composure and structure which is unlike them, especially with Laveatory in charge of the backline.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Welcome en_force_er (that's a lot of underscores)!

You don't know any Brumbies fans do you? We're a bit short at the moment.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
nope sorry. here in victoria people usually support the heartland teams (nsw or qld). usually because they have family from there.
we also have alot of kids who have s african or new zealander blood lines and support teams from there.

i have no idea how i ended up supporting the force.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
if australia restructured there rugby to be like new zealand im sure we would all be brumby supporters down here.
if arc was still around and rebels ended up being linked to brumbies as a provincial team.

... a boy can dream.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
if australia restructured there rugby to be like new zealand im sure we would all be brumby supporters down here.
if arc was still around and rebels ended up being linked to brumbies as a provincial team.

... a boy can dream.

Stop it, stop it, please. I have just gotten over my one year fling with the ARC, and there you go dredging up all the bittersweet memories...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
barbarian said:
Stop it, stop it, please. I have just gotten over my one year fling with the ARC, and there you go dredging up all the bittersweet memories...

arc was far far too optimistic. a workable australian only tournament to me would have to consist of 5-6 teams.
now some would say that isnt big enough to really foster new talent but when you think about it there are 4 aussie teams.
1 team worth make the wallabies, 1 team makes australia a. 2 teams worth come down from super 14 and 3-4 teams worth come up from club.

hopefully one day something like this will be given a crack.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Good posts everybody - and it was especially enjoyable to read Jury's opinions on the Blues. Even thought they have lost a lot of players from last year they will be a bit of a worry when they get some absent 2009 players back on the park.

Haven't got too much to say about the Force because it would be the same as what we have been saying since they started. Sometimes the names change but basically it's the same old shite, different day, with a brilliant game now and then to tease us.

Why these blokes play pretty well away and crap at home is beyond me. Their fans deserve better, yet they keep showing up to see them play.

I'm not really into coach bashing but, whatever the name of the coach is, it looks like they need a new one and a fresh approach. Or maybe that will be their last listless display of the year. Let's hope so.

Ryan Cross: come home son. We'll find a spot for you where you belong.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lee Grant said:

any center that would roll the game-time dice by going to tahs is a mad-man. morgan t had the right idea when he went north.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
Lee Grant said:
any centre that would roll the game-time dice by going to tahs is a mad-man. morgan t had the right idea when he went north.

And look what's happened to him: he plays for a team living at the bottom of the Super 14 table while the Tahs thrive at the top before he joined the long queue of injured Queensland sportsmen. However, we're very grateful here in Tahland as he left a spot for Robert Horne to step into.

F

formeropenside

Lindommer said:
en_force_er said:
Lee Grant said:
any centre that would roll the game-time dice by going to tahs is a mad-man. morgan t had the right idea when he went north.

And look what's happened to him: he plays for a team living at the bottom of the Super 14 table while the Tahs thrive at the top before he joined the long queue of injured Queensland sportsmen. However, we're very grateful here in Tahland as he left a spot for Robert Horne to step into.

How many Super Titles have the Tahs got again? - Thats right, tied for nil with the Force.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
formeropenside said:
Lindommer said:
en_force_er said:
Lee Grant said:

How many Super Titles have the Tahs got again? - Thats right, tied for nil with the Force.

:lmao: The Tahs do OK, the only player that left for another Aus team that I miss is Cameron Shepherd, and he left for all the right reasons.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
i say at the force when gitts leaves we use the money to ditch all our props bar takiari. then recruit recruit recruit!
we use one marquee signing to sign an established but aging european test prop who is just finishing his international carreer (along the lines of vickery or gethin jenkins).
we then try to steal a developing nz or sa prop in a similar way to how kepu was stolen.
we then try to pinch a established aussie lock (vickerman is completely free and will probably want back in next year or the one after!).
we then force (no pun intended) aj to find a happy medium between his current size and his 7s days and make him a hooker.

none of this will happen. also if it did in may be futile and not work.
but ranting is fun.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
but ranting is fun.

This is why we do it I think enforcer.

We can't rant at our wives (at least I can't) our kids or our dogs so we do it here.

It's therapeutic.

Incidentally, welcome to the mad house.

Duh - I just worked out why you have the spaces in your username. As sharp as an apple is old Lee.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lee Grant said:
en_force_er said:
but ranting is fun.

This is why we do it I think enforcer.

We can't rant at our wives (at least I can't) our kids or our dogs so we do it here.

It's therapeutic.

Incidentally, welcome to the mad house.

Duh - I just worked out why you have the spaces in your username. As sharp as an apple is old Lee.

i have no wives, kids nor dogs. i get the feeling the average age here is at best 20 years older than i. no matter.

i thought my name was quite witty. perhaps when i work out how to put in a display picture it will be more simple to suss out.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
en_force_er said:
i have no wives, kids nor dogs.

A pity - dogs are wonderful creatures.

en_force_er said:
i get the feeling the average age here is at best 20 years older than i. no matter.

The average is skewed - it is closer to your age when I am not logged on.

Status
Not open for further replies.