• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v. Brumbies - R3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brumbies better to a man in every position except 11, 12 and probably even at 8 and 9.

Expecting a pasting, but living in hope.

That's a pretty dim view. I'd rate McCalman over Butler and McMeniman over Carter. Also Mathewson over Nic White.

It really depends on who turns up to play. After first round defeats, I'm sure both teams will be motivated. But will the Brumbies have a shocker like the last time they were in Perth or turn up the heat like the last time we were in Canberra. I reckon it will be a close one. The Brumbies aren't big units like the Waratahs are. They are toilers like the Force. Our defensive style is probably better suited against them. It's funny, we used to be good against the more physical sides like the South Africans. Now we seem to be better against the New Zealand sides- evidenced by a 2/0/2 record against NZ sides last year and bonus points in the two losses we had.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm sorry, I just can't celebrate those surprise giant killing wins anymore. They are a symptom of losing the ones you shouldn't. Force supporters cling to them saying "look we aren't as shit as our ladder position suggests, we beat the (insert top 6 team name)".

I'd rather beat the Rebels, Highlanders, Kings and Lions consistently.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Good to see Alcock and MMM in the starting side..that's a no brainer. Wykes needs a noticeably huge game. I would have him riding the bench if it was me and let Steenkamp have the start. Hayward is a good inclusion and should have been in the squad last week. Shame to see Stander hasn't come up after the knock last week. He looks a good prospect and we will miss his abrasiveness.

Faulkner and Kbomb need to impress because Manu and Chris Heidberg who had a good game in the A team last week are waiting for a chance.

Is it too early in the season to say this is a MUST WIN GAME! Force games at home this year should be like a sailor with a wad of cash in a Bangkok bar..a sure thing!

Stander will be right next week they are being cautious.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Force are often likely to be a speedbump for the Brumbies, ie an unexpected win for the Force. This could be just one such occasion if the Brumbies are in any way below par. Need to show more attacking cohesion than they did against the Reds. Conditions could be against them tonight. 38 degrees forecast for today. What's the expected temperature for game time?

M

Moono75

Force are often likely to be a speedbump for the Brumbies, ie an unexpected win for the Force. This could be just one such occasion if the Brumbies are in any way below par. Need to show more attacking cohesion than they did against the Reds. Conditions could be against them tonight. 38 degrees forecast for today. What's the expected temperature for game time?

Expected temp at game time for the Brumbies will be HOTTER THAN HELL! Go the Force!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That Force back row means they want to play quick. Steenkamp over Wykes would add some starch to compensate.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think steenkamp may be on the bench because of giving away 5 penalties last week. He needs to control his aggression but will have a big impact off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
2ezuhary.jpg
man iv missed this!

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good work. Whos impressing for selection?
61 - 6 is the final score.

CTM was massive playing at 13 along with burton who I think only missed 1 conversion all game.

Walton was very aggressive almost to much but was very good.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Won't be a problem Brumbies have been training in 40c in Canberra during the pre season
Looking forward to a tough game which the Force always give the Brumbies. The respective styles seem to compliment each other so that it's always a good tough encounter

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Predictions?
I think the brumbies will come out full of running, smarting from last weeks loss.

I think the Brums will blow the force away or lose a tight game. The force have a chance but the more the game opens up the harder it will be.

My prediction: brumbies by 12.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
Predictions?
I think the brumbies will come out full of running, smarting from last weeks loss.

I think the Brums will blow the force away or lose a tight game. The force have a chance but the more the game opens up the harder it will be.

My prediction: brumbies by 12.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
Don't know that the Force will be blown away given the last time the Brumbies played in Perth they struggled to gain any momentum and lost a critical game for their finals chances

Status
Not open for further replies.