• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Cheetahs, R6 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Force lack the belief to close out games.

I want to see Godwin to 10, CTM to 12 and Rasolea to the wing.

Dellit it to the bench and Ma'afu to fuck off to France tomorrow.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Delit did some good things, but his overall option taking is very poor. He gifted the Cheetahs possession when he decided to put in some sort of chip/bomb/toilet kick, which Brussow promptly snapped up. Really, with the game in the balance and time running short, why did he not go long? From memory he did this twice.

To me, Delit's option taking in the last 10 minutes, coupled with really poor ruck discipline, is what cost the Force the game.

On a positive though, Mafi was immense again, as was Cottrell.

M

Moono75

That sucked. As I feared intensity not there. No change of pace off the bench. Should have had Junior at least. So disappointed with the difference in performance one week to the next.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The intensity was there, as demonstrated in the first half when the Force made incisions into the Cheetahs half. Godwin had numerous linebreaks but was unsuccesful at linking with support. When we didn't take our opportunities with all our possession and territory, we were left working too hard in the second half when the possession and territory was in the Cheetahs' favour.

That, and the superb defence of the Cheetahs meant we were edged out of the game.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Im not sure what the logic is to use Tupou at 15. Last season he was very effective at 13 which seems like his natural position. The other options is Cummins and Dellit. From what I hear CTM is a bit loose in defense Pretty sure his preffered position is 12. Having said that Stanley has had a much better year this year solid in defense. Just a bit lacking in attack.
There isnt much options at fullback and would probably try Sam Christie there given how dire our backline movements were when Sias came off. He could be handy in counter attack in a beale sort of way.
Things are looking awkward up front. Alcock has been stellar so what to do with Hodgo? He hasnt done himself any favours losing the bulk he used to have in order to play 6 and 8 during the Pocock years. If he has trimmed down to gain some speed he is yet to see the fuits of it.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bad luck Force. The Cheetahs are not the easy beats that they used to be. They are a good side and awkward to play.

The Force have the SA tour out of the way and a shitload of home games in hand. Move forward and build off that.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The cheetahs have an excellent chance to be in the top 2 SA conference And in the top 6 as a whole. Lets face it, they are where the force, Tahs and rebels want to be. Any team that wins 3 on the road is a bloody good one.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
The cheetahs have an excellent chance to be in the top 2 SA conference And in the top 6 as a whole. Lets face it, they are where the force, Tahs and rebels want to be. Any team that wins 3 on the road is a bloody good one.
The Cheetahs had a fantastic tour and any team that wins 3 out of 4 away games is doing well. But let's not get carried away. With all due respect, the 3 teams that they beat were hardly competition heavy weights!

The Cheetahs were thumped by the Chiefs in Hamilton and also lost to the Sharks in Bloemfontein. They have improved their defence from last season but they will still most likely finish 4th in the SA conference and may possibly improve slightly on their 10th place over all finish, but not by much.

Let's not forget that the Cheetahs beat 3 out of 4 Aus teams last season and had a relatively successful tour beating the Rebels and Hurricanes and coming within a whisker of beating the Brumbies. However they tend to struggle against teams in their own conference and I predict that that won't change much this year. Also, the loss of Goosen is a huge blow for them.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The Cheetahs had a fantastic tour and any team that wins 3 out of 4 away games is doing well. But let's not get carried away. With all due respect, the 3 teams that they beat were hardly competition heavy weights!

The Cheetahs were thumped by the Chiefs in Hamilton and also lost to the Sharks in Bloemfontein. They have improved their defence from last season but they will still most likely finish 4th in the SA conference and may possibly improve slightly on their 10th place over all finish, but not by much.

Let's not forget that the Cheetahs beat 3 out of 4 Aus teams last season and had a relatively successful tour beating the Rebels and Hurricanes and coming within a whisker of beating the Brumbies. However they tend to struggle against teams in their own conference and I predict that that won't change much this year. Also, the loss of Goosen is a huge blow for them.
Your points are good mate. I still think they are a better team then last year with sarel back and I would not be surprised if they finished up the ladder somewhere. Time will tell. If they can defend they way they have the last couple of weeks they will be hard to score against.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon they will be up around 8 to 10 on the log. Can't see them finish any better than third in the SA conference.

Teams will have a hard time in Bloemfontein though.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The best Saffer win of the round. This Cheetah team look much better then the past ones and are on a roll. They'll get to Osfontein on a high and have to nail their home games. Gutsy performance from the Tin Ears.

Hugie

Ted Fahey (11)
Whilst watching the Force/Cheetahs game on Saturday night my wife (who is trying to learn where the teams come from) asked if the Cheetahs were a New Zealand team. I politely pointed out that "Cheetahs" refers to a South African big cat that can run fast not the ethical values of the team.
Whilst it is sufficient to refer to a team as Cheaters to identify a New Zealanders team it is not necessary (she must have overheard me swearing during some New Zealand games).

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
I like godwin at 12, think either 12 or 13 will be his position long term.
+1
At the beginning of the season I feared he could be weak in defense, but he's doing just fine. Both eyes and statistics show he's a good tackler.

Meanwhile...another defeat. It starts being frustrating, although this time with a better management of the game the Force could have brought a win home.
It seems Force lack an effective game plan and the capability of choosing the best available option given the circumstances, not to talk about single players' mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.