• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Cheetahs, R6 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Building on the back of encouraging form against the Bulls, the Force pulled out all the stops to deliver the smackdown on the Reds. The team returns to play for the first time in front of the Sea of Blue at the new look cauldron that is NIB Stadium against the Cheetahs.

A must win game for the Force who need to capitalise on their recent form and ensure that home games are penciled in for wins and to give the home fans something to cheer. The Cheetahs have shown promise of their own but will be on the final leg of a punishing road trip with 2 games in NZ and last weeks win against the Tahs in Sydney. Force fans will be on Safari in big numbers this Saturday hoping to take the prized scalp of a road weary Cheetahs. Should be a cracker of a game.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I reckon we will get minced. The Cheetahs have some serious talent coming back into the starting XV. We can only hope they are really fucking tired by the weekend.

When was the last time the Force won two games in a row?

M

Moono75

The Force have set the bar. The intesity they played with against the Reds is now the minimum accepted level. They need to bring that every week and if they do they will be in most games. Unfortunaley we have seen what can happen when you don't (Kings). Fourth game on the road for the Cheetahs they would have to be feeling it by now.

M

Moono75

I reckon we will get minced. The Cheetahs have some serious talent coming back into the starting XV. We can only hope they are really fucking tired by the weekend.

When was the last time the Force won two games in a row?
April 2011. Brumbies and then the Bulls.....but we've never won 3 in a row.....now that would be nice!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Cheetahs lose Goosen in training ground injury

The Cheetahs have suffered a big blow ahead of their Super Rugby match against the Western Force as the tour is over for fly half Johan Goosen.
According to reports Goosen slipped in training and injured his cruciate ligaments on Monday morning and he is on his way back to South Africa.

See more at http://www.superxv.com/news/super15_rugby_news.asp?id=38233#.UUccF1dh4jE

Huge blow for the Cheetahs to lose Goosen because he has been playing very well the past few weeks, but this could potentially alter the outcome of what will be a close match.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Fourth game on the road for the Cheetahs they would have to be feeling it by now.

Its amazing how on the back of enjoying a hot run of wins can eliminate travel weariness. I think they'll throw everything they can at the force and have the Blueprints from the Bulls and Kings games to analyze.
I think they have the size to play as physical as the Bulls upfront and have the big ball runners like strauss to mimick what the King's Englebrecht did to the force defensive line and Im sure we will see a fair few Rolling Mauls executed by them to. Tupou will need be on his toes and can expect a fair few chip kicks between him and the defensev line.
Lead by Strauss I think the forwards are going to be brutal in contact and they will challenge Tupou's positional play at fullback.
Are we up for it? Even after the great performance against the Reds, I am still a little sceptical our forwards can meet the physicality the SA forwards are going to bring. The Reds pack atm are a bit lightweight(without some key personel) when compared to some of the SA teams.
Although there's been talk about playing more attacking/running rugby this season I just hope it stays within the structures and gameplans put together. The Cheetahs can get a bit "loose" sometimes and if we get roped into playing at their tempo and style we could get burned.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Huge blow for the Cheetahs to lose Goosen because he has been playing very well the past few weeks, but this could potentially alter the outcome of what will be a close match.
Disaster for the Cheetahs.

The replacement bloke isn't bad but he is not in the same league.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Would they rather have a player by the name of Sias?

A Sias in form? Definitely. A Sias who was called upon last season when Goosen spent a lengthy period on the sidelines? Not so much.

I think Sias' move to the Force has been a good move for him. His first two games have been promising and as he gains more confidence, he certainly has the ability to impose himself on games more. I think if the Force give him a decent run he will turn out to be a very good signing for them. He is very capable of playing a ball in hand, expansive game and I think he could develop a very strong combination with Matthewson.

No doubt the Cheetahs were sad to see him go, but they couldn't offer him any certainty of game time as he was always going to be below Goosen in the pecking order.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Considering there is a afl derby on the same night you would think a good crowd might be a struggle. Especially with the cheetahs. The bulls or sharks would provide a bigger crowd one would think. This could be an indicator of Rugby's success in WA. Being that our 2 afl teams are playing each other on the same night. Even if we got 15000 in the crowd it will be a huge win.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Vrystaat:
1 NYAKANE TREVOR
2 STRAUSS ADRIAAN (C )
3 ADRIAANSE LOURENS
4 DE JAGER LODEWYK
5 UYS FRANCOIS
6 BRUSSOW HEINRICH
7LABUSCHAGNE LAPPIES
8 VAN DER WALT PHILLIP

9 PRETORIUS SAREL
10 SMIT RIAAN
11 RHULE RAYMOND
12 EBERSOHN ROBERT (VC)
13 SADIE JOHAN
14 LE ROUX WILLIE
15 DANILLER HENNIE

Replacements:

16.BARNES RYNO
17.OOSTHUISEN COENIE
18.LANDMAN LIGTORING
19.PRINSLOO BOOM
20.VAN ZYL PIET
21.FRANCIS BURTON
22.BENJAMIN RYNO

History for the Cheetahs. Cheetahs by 15.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Vrystaat:
1 NYAKANE TREVOR
2 STRAUSS ADRIAAN (C )
3 ADRIAANSE LOURENS

16.BARNES RYNO
17.OOSTHUISEN COENIE
18.LANDMAN LIGTORING
19.PRINSLOO BOOM
20.VAN ZYL PIET
21.FRANCIS BURTON
22.BENJAMIN RYNO

Oosthuizen still not starting. This I do not understand. To my eyes the Cheetah scrum was in real difficulty till he came on and then it was fine.

Not sure I really want to view the tape again to confirm, the last 15 minutes were not good for my mental health.

M

Moono75

Too much on the line for the Force. They would be gutted to drop their first game in front of a big home crowd. They put a choke hold on the Reds last week with a very physical game, expect the same against the Cheetahs. Plus I'll be at the game and they wouldn't want to dissapoint me.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oosthuizen still not starting. This I do not understand. To my eyes the Cheetah scrum was in real difficulty till he came on and then it was fine.

Not sure I really want to view the tape again to confirm, the last 15 minutes were not good for my mental health.

Perplexing although he is coming back from repeated neck issues and surgery so I suspect the are limiting his game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.