• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Cheetahs, R6 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Too much on the line for the Force. They would be gutted to drop their first game in front of a big home crowd. They put a choke hold on the Reds last week with a very physical game, expect the same against the Cheetahs. Plus I'll be at the game and they wouldn't want to dissapoint me.

All that pressure at home.

Cheetahs by 3.

M

Moono75

Back 'em in, fellas. They'll come away with the chocolates.
Hey I fully expect the boys to beat the Cheetahs and will be there cheering them on.

I hope Foles sticks with the wining combination from last year. No need to rush Hodgo and particularly Wykes back into the starting side. The challenge will be for the team to play with the same resolve as against the Reds.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think the loss of Goosen together with coming to the end of a tiring trip away will prove too much for the Cheetahs on this occasion. Force by 7.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
I think the loss of Goosen together with coming to the end of a tiring trip away will prove too much for the Cheetahs on this occasion. Force by 7.

Yea I agree, just a case of how the Force cope as favourites as we know what happened last time they were.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Same starting team as last week with hodgo and wykes on the bench. Battye and junior go out.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

So you local lads get to test run the improved home venue. It looks the goods.
Still a few things to finish off but the two new grandstands are done. Probably asking too much to expect a descent full strength beer..

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Yea I agree, just a case of how the Force cope as favourites as we know what happened last time they were.
:D

Agree, Cheetahs shouldn't be understimated. No matter how long it took to bring them to Perth, they're hard to beat.
Anyway, these are the guys in blue to face the Cheetahs:

Western Force

1. Pek Cowan (c),2. Nathan Charles,3. Salesi Ma’afu,4. Toby Lynn ,5. Hugh McMeniman,6. Angus Cottrell,7. Chris Alcock,8. Richard Brown ,9. Alby Mathewson,10. Sias Ebersohn,11. Alfie Mafi,12. Kyle Godwin,13. Winston Stanley ,14. Patrick Dellit,15. Will Tupou

Replacements :16. Heath Tessmann,17. Tetera Faulkner,18. Sam Wykes,19. Ben McCalman,20. Matt Hodgson,21. Mick Snowden,22. Jayden Hayward

It's the same team we saw against the Reds and..it is just fine.
If I had the chance to change someone, I admin I don't like the late Ma'afu (imo his work-rate in the games he played was very low, Faulkner seems to be fitter at the moment) and I would also replace Stanley with Rasolea, if he can play at 13 well.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
:D

Agree, Cheetahs shouldn't be understimated. No matter how long it took to bring them to Perth, they're hard to beat.
Anyway, these are the guys in blue to face the Cheetahs:

Western Force

1. Pek Cowan (c),2. Nathan Charles,3. Salesi Ma’afu,4. Toby Lynn ,5. Hugh McMeniman,6. Angus Cottrell,7. Chris Alcock,8. Richard Brown ,9. Alby Mathewson,10. Sias Ebersohn,11. Alfie Mafi,12. Kyle Godwin,13. Winston Stanley ,14. Patrick Dellit,15. Will Tupou

Replacements :16. Heath Tessmann,17. Tetera Faulkner,18. Sam Wykes,19. Ben McCalman,20. Matt Hodgson,21. Mick Snowden,22. Jayden Hayward

It's the same team we saw against the Reds and..it is just fine.
If I had the chance to change someone, I admin I don't like the late Ma'afu (imo his work-rate in the games he played was very low, Faulkner seems to be fitter at the moment) and I would also replace Stanley with Rasolea, if he can play at 13 well.

Or CTM at 13. I think the Force could have a better, more attacking backline by using CTM, Rasolea and Stubbs somewhere.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Going to tip the Force by 10. I hope they take the confidence out of last weekend and run with it moving forward.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yeah maafu was definitely a liability last week.Should be out of the 22 and longbottom to the bench.
A few too many forwards on the bench as well I think considering the expansive game the cheetahs have been playing. I'd have left junior on the bench and dropped wykes. Still not overly happy with Stanley at 13 either considering the other options we've got in the squad

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Game Day!!!!

Im not a massive fan of stanly bur he has been a rock in d the last 2 weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Yeah not a lot of backline options to change things up on the bench. Having Junior on the bench at least gave an injection of speed. Great weather today for the game....should be a cracker. Text from the Force this morning said that Gate 4 is out of action at NIB for entry this arvo so allow some extra time for entry.

M

Moono75

Off to catch the Reds v Bulls prior to Force. Reds by 9.

Force by 12 over the Cheetahs. Go the Force!

Woodenspoon

Herbert Moran (7)
Or CTM at 13. I think the Force could have a better, more attacking backline by using CTM, Rasolea and Stubbs somewhere.
I was about to write it down on my first post: what the hell happened to CTM? :D
And is still SNK a rugby player?
Maybe we should avoid dealing with player with two surnames. o_O
Well, I think Western Force should try as many options as possible in the backline, especially in the position where they could improve (imo 13 and 15 are the positions that need to get better at the moment)
Anyway, go Force!

Status
Not open for further replies.