• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FORCE v REBELS R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

The bitter rivalry continues. The return of JOC (James O'Connor) for his first game in front of the Sea of Blue. The Force's 50th home game (that doesn't bode well). Can the boys hook it up for an 80 minute performance? Dare I use the word "smackdown" in my predictions ever again?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The bitter rivalry continues. The return of JOC (James O'Connor) for his first game in front of the Sea of Blue. The Force's 50th home game (that doesn't bode well). Can the boys hook it up for an 80 minute performance? Dare I use the word "smackdown" in my predictions ever again?
The Rebels undefeated in Perth is missing from this statement.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I have seen the term 'cripple fight' used to describe several games in the last few rounds, generally i feel it has been unwarranted. This game however, seems to be the real deal. Really hope to be proved wrong.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Last time an ozzy team came to perth after getting smashed in the republic and without thier first choice 10 the Force put 40 points on the board.

We can only hope (force fans) that the same will happen this weekend.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Force v Rebels games tend to be close, lets hope this proves the exception to the rule and we win by 40 points. We could certainly use the bonus point.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
this will be a close match no matter what. you guys will have the advantage in the pack through, almost across the board.
the force with mathewson (possibly signing of the year after Smith) have the advantage at 9 and phipps will have to improve form his worst to his best to keep up with him.
10 - if we have JOC (James O'Connor) then advantage us, if not then advantage force as sias has been quality in my opinion.
vuna is likely to be back for us and if he matches up against malfi, i think that will be a great battle. the other wing battle is likely to be pretty even. dellitt is a hard runner but not much more.
fullback - a moderate advantage to the force. i personally really like the look of tuopu. he is very quick, runs good lines and has a lot of power in each stride. he could be a potential for a centre position at some stage.
mitch inman holds sway over stanley but godwin will run around mitchell.

advantage overall to the Force, but i think the rebels will bounce back and stay in it. Force by 10.

our line up
PAE
Robinson
Henderson
Pyle
Jones
Higgers
Reid
Delve
Zack
JOC (James O'Connor)
Woodward/Kingi
Mitchell
Inman
Woodward/Roberts

personally i think roberts has looked like absolute rubbish every time he's been on the field so hopefully he doesn't get a jersey.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
personally i think roberts has looked like absolute rubbish every time he's been on the field so hopefully he doesn't get a jersey.
Thought Roberts was good against the Reds at Full back, at 10 his been very poor. Much rather have Roberts at Fullback than play Kingi on the wing.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
our line up
PAE
Robinson
Henderson
Pyle
Jones
Higgers
Reid
Delve
Zack
JOC (James O'Connor)
Vuna
Mitchell
Inman
Sitauti
Woodward

Fixed.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm excited to see how we go this week. This game will actually tell us more accurately where the Force really are under Foleys tutelage. The Force have a habit of losing the games they should win (Kings). They only play to a level they think they need to beat the other team and when the other team the turn up they get smacked or conversely why they push teams better than themselves because they play to their full potential. For the Force to show genuine improvement their performances need to be more honest and they need to perform to their full potential against a team they should beat.

That's no disrespect to the Rebels as they have the wood on us, but they are in a bit of disarray and we are at home.

Against all my instincts I have tipped the Force by 5. The head says they should win but my heart knows better than to trust the Force to front up when they are the favourite (surprisingly by some margin in the odds).

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Delve, Mitchell and Weeks out. Higgers to catpain.

Possible XV:
Henderson
Robinson
PAE
Neville
Pyle
Jones
Fuglistaller
Higgers
Phipps
Roberts
Kingi
Sidey
Inman
Woodward
JOC (James O'Connor)

If the Captaincy wasn't a farce with JOC (James O'Connor) at the helm, it has taken a whole new direction now. Hill out.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
are they saving reid, delve, vuna, for the kings game ?

i can imagine delve is not fit and reid did get a head knock, but if reid is on the bench then why not start him. kingi on the wing again ! vuna should start if fit

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Will be very surprised if the Force don't win this. Would like to see them start with what I think is their strongest back row, Cotterill, Alcock and McCalman. Also, would still like to see CTM get a go at some stage. Anyone know why he is out of favour?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
he is going to have to put on one hell of a defensive effort to combat godwin.
vuna should be starting. absurd if not. he is our best winger and 2nd best attacker after JOC (James O'Connor) and he is rested and not travel wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.