• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

FORCE v REBELS R8 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

On paper the Force should win this but I know only too well our poor record when we are expected to win and playing at home. Plus the Rebels have knocked us off consistently even though the games have always been close.

Foley's holding off on naming the team till late again. Hope to see Cottrell and Alcock starting though I suspect Hodgo will get the nod at 7. We could also use the Honey Badger back, any word on his knee condition?

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I have seen the term 'cripple fight' used to describe several games in the last few rounds, generally i feel it has been unwarranted. This game however, seems to be the real deal. Really hope to be proved wrong.

MTA0MjAwMTI4_o_cripple-fight---clips---south-park-studios.jpg

Force by 20.

If they can't beat us at our lowest ebb, that would be some serious wood we'd hold against them.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
This will be a dance of the desperates but both teams can play some fine rugby.

The Rebels backrow may be a bit of a problem with Delve out and Jones going to 6 - against the Force backrow. I haven't seen the Force team yet but they could use all of Hodgson,Cotterill, Brown and McCalman during the match.

The main three were in good form last week so let's see how the makeshift backrow goes against them.

Incidentally I wrote a review of the game here:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/preview-aussie-matches-in-round-8/

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
That's the spirit. That is one hell of a pre-game motivational speech for the boys.

Hyperbole, much? Just breathe. Relax.

It is extreme, but I get it.
Probably should read 'If they lose close this tread and head over to the 2014 thread'
I am just hoping for a solid performance. Too many changes This week and I do not understand Higgers for captain, JOC (James O'Connor) should have seen out the season for a bit of consistency. A win is a must and for the first time in a few weeks I have tipped them.
This is my first away game for the Rebels and I have convinced my 65 year old, die hard AFL dad to come with me (mum flat out refused, I even bought her a ticket) I would like a win for him so he doesn't see the grumpy side of me the 1 time a year I head home.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

M

Moono75

Force team to take on the Rebels

1. Kieran Longbottom
2. Heath Tessmann
3. Salesi Ma'afu
4. Toby Lynn
5. Hugh McMeniman
6. Angus Cottrell
7. Matt Hodgson (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Alfie Mafi
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Winston Stanley
14. Patrick Dellit
15. Will Tupou

Res:
16. Ben Whittaker
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Sam Wykes
19. Chris Alcock
20. Mick Snowden
21. Sam Christie
22. Sam Norton-Knight

M

Moono75

Still not sure about Tupou at fullback. Think he would be better given a run at 13 to make a few line breaks. Not looking good for the Badger that his knee problem is still not right. Junior unlucky to be left out all together. This team lineup has been fairly settled and consistent so it's time to fire and put in a big performance.

Go the Force!

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is Pek Cowan injured or getting a rest this week? Also, would rather Alcock in the starting 15 for his impact.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is Pek Cowan injured or getting a rest this week? Also, would rather Alcock in the starting 15 for his impact.
He has a little niggle in his neck which is why he went off last week and during the cheetahs game. He is able to play but foley said he and browny were due a rest. So i guess they just making sure not to make it worse or burn him out.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Still not sure about Tupou at fullback. Think he would be better given a run at 13 to make a few line breaks. Not looking good for the Badger that his knee problem is still not right. Junior unlucky to be left out all together. This team lineup has been fairly settled and consistent so it's time to fire and put in a big performance.

Go the Force!

agree re tupou. has great potential to be a bruiser in the centres or wing.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Is anyone watching the Fox coverage? Just saw Michael Foley in the middle of a ruck in warm up, is it just me or did he look like he was chatting to himself about how if they got beat on the scoreboard, they'd win on the stats.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Clever little inside ball from Godwin to put Mafi through a small gap. Mafi steamed onto it, before being tackled 5m out and the Force lose it as Mafi tries to force an offload.

Rebels go early on the hit, Force get a scrum 5m out.

Strong shove from the Force, goes down 5m out. Turf has been churned up.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Phil Kearns reminds me of Eyeore with his commentating. everything is a struggle and exasperating and very little seems to excite him.
he's definitely the worst of the bunch and I reckon he would put a few ppl off watching rugby. compare him with the afl commentators - woeful. like kafer though. interested, insightful and excited.

rebels not looking sharp already! good work phipps with that steal.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Scrum goes down but Force get it out. Delitt hits it up midfield. Force lose the ball next phase and Rebels clear to halfway but don't find touch. Longbottom loses it after going nowhere for a few phases.

Rebels go wide, JOC (James O'Connor) puts Inman through a half break. Rebels go side to side but have little coordination.

JOC (James O'Connor) short ball to Kingi gets Kigi on the outside, Kingi breaks a tackle. Rebels go wide next phase, short ball to Pyle and Pyle runs 20m to the tryline. Goes to the TMO.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pyle gets it down as momentum carries him over the line. 5 - 0 to the Rebels, 8 gone. End to end stuff so far, with the Rebels making the Force wide defence look frail.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
JOC (James O'Connor) hits the post, misses the conversion. Plenty of jeers from the crowd.

5 - 0 to the Rebels, 9 gone.

Rebels take the deep kickoff, JOC (James O'Connor) clears to the Force 22. Eberson bombs it back, Kingi takes it under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.