• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Rebels Rd 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Neville must be done. He only started last year when Pyle announced he was heading off overseas. He was given the entire NRC to build some confidence but he can't have kicked on. Either he's not trying in training or they've decided to let him go at the end of the year and so they're bringing the kids through.

Well either way it's crap, if you are bringing the young guys through when you are still in finals contention instead of picking the best squad possible you are not a coach worthy of this level.

Neville is in the top 3 locks we have so should be in the match day 23. In 5 games if we are coming last I could understand, but not at the start of a season when the team needs to perform.

So far our reserve locks have not been any where near Super Rugby standard and require more time, we know Neville can play at this level and would offer a lot in the last 20 minutes with his motor.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I agree that's what it looks like from the outside. It's what makes me think there's stuff going on internally. I've criticised Totality Tony as much as anyone over the last year or so, but I don't think he's stupid enough to not play Neville unless he had a good reason.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think Stirzaker undid a lot of his good work with the grubbedr kick and the two bullet passes
His body of work was excellent. Controlled the game well, defended well for the most part, led Debreczeni onto the ball.

Burgess was just not good when he came on. The two of them are held to very different standards.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
His body of work was excellent. Controlled the game well, defended well for the most part, led Debreczeni onto the ball.

Burgess was just not good when he came on. The two of them are held to very different standards.

Stirzaker was good last night, but Burgess against the Tahs is still the best scrum half performance we have had this year.

M

Moono75

The problems with Junior is he constantly trys to sidestep guys instead of going straight and hard. He just isn't explosive enough to do this. We would be better served with Brache in at 13 with Mitch Scott starting on the wing. Mitch has the pace and quick feet to beat a guy from standstill and thats something we need on the wing because by the time the ball gets out there the defence is up in their face. Mitch played 11 minutes but made good metres with his opportunities. Reward the young guy with a start.

Junior needs to be benched and come on as a reserve winger. Wykes just isn't an inspiring guy (at least from the outside) and seems to be struggling. Coleman needs to start in his place. Mafi is looking good and is the kind of rampaging forward we need. He had the second most metres gained on the team.

We desperately need Hodgo, Cottrell and DHP back but I fear by the time we are back from the Republic it could be too late.

This year the Force were supposed to be building on the platform they established last year but unfortunately the results are killing all that good work.

PS.....well done Rebels, got the job done.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
The problem with the Force isn't lack of creative backs out Rasolea at 12. It is Foley as coach. He hasn't learnt anything from his time at the Tahs as head coach himself or with Hickey. If you don't this just go back to YouTube and look at how the Tahs played in a wallaby attacked side. It is almost identical to this. The same decline in the fan base happened to the Tahs as is happening to the Force except you were already close to the hard rusted on kernel of base support. I would have hoped that Foley could develop as a coach and see the limited nature of what he coached before but the signature of the Force is identical to that of the failed Tahs. It's a pity because he has always been one of the best forwards coaches in Oz.

yep,it was Foley's fault the the Tahs lost today,no doubt--must be still a hangover from his coaching there

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hey Brokendown, might want to check out the rules that are posted at the top of every single page in every single game thread before someone less polite than I am tells you to delete your comment.

D

daz

Friendly warning fired across the bows. Read the friggin' rules, before posting please team.

Not so friendly warnings now in the chamber.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
True, Higgenbottom should have gotten a yellow for deliberately stopping a quick tap . But other than that, I don't think the ref was the difference. The difference was idiotic penalties - one trip by Heiberg for 3 points, and I believe the other was Brache taking out the main the air. That's the difference in the game right there, if we're being literal.

Don't get me started on the number of balls lost in contact. I've never seen a team drop so many. That's just an indication of a team with poor attention to detail. And don't tell me it was a wet ball - they've done it rain and shine.

Last year, they played a simple game, but did the little things well. I don't know what's changed, but it's pretty painful to watch.
Good point. That trip was disgraceful and could of been a card to the force.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
True, Higgenbottom should have gotten a yellow for deliberately stopping a quick tap . But other than that, I don't think the ref was the difference. The difference was idiotic penalties - one trip by Heiberg for 3 points, and I believe the other was Brache taking out the main the air. That's the difference in the game right there, if we're being literal.

Don't get me started on the number of balls lost in contact. I've never seen a team drop so many. That's just an indication of a team with poor attention to detail. And don't tell me it was a wet ball - they've done it rain and shine.

Last year, they played a simple game, but did the little things well. I don't know what's changed, but it's pretty painful to watch.

In Brache's defence it appeared that he cannoned off a rebels player into the path of the jumper

Status
Not open for further replies.