• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Reds Rnd 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Avoiding the obvious puns, he really really does. His rugby IQ is incredible. He's not the biggest or quickest player, but he knows where to go.
I hope whatever happened to his knee doesnt keep him out of play next week.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
And this display is indicative why we have no Aus referees in the top tier anymore. Communication is poor, scrum management is ho hum. Not helped by an average display from both teams.

I'm guessing others have already enlightened you, but I'm sure you'll find that O'Brien is a NZ ref.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I only saw patches of the game, so it's very likely I missed a lot of good stuff, but I fail to see what all the fuss is about Coleman. Had a high work rate (possibly topped the tackle count in fact) but that's not what people have been raving up.

Yep, a very quiet game by Coleman (and hodgson and McCalman et al). Mafi best lock on ground but he's ineligible for Wallabies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ref had a shocker but easy to see nerves got the better of him. No big deal, we have all probably been there at some point in our lives. It's a bit like the knob who gets his car serviced and demands the apprentice not work on it. How do we get experience without opportunity?

All the best moving forward Mr Ref.

T

TOCC

Ref had a shocker but easy to see nerves got the better of him. No big deal, we have all probably been there at some point in our lives. It's a bit like the knob who gets his car serviced and demands the apprentice not work on it. How do we get experience without opportunity?

All the best moving forward Mr Ref.

its not his first performance where he has refereed a game like this... absolute rubbish, send him to earn experience in the lower levels before he is promoted to the big time.

SANZAR should be promoting only the best referees from the ITM Cup, Currie Cup and NRC.. Those referees who are developing referees and on the verge of promotion to Super Rugby should be given big game experience by refereeing the Super Rugby trial matches and Finals matches of the respective provincial competitions.

T

TOCC

I'm guessing others have already enlightened you, but I'm sure you'll find that O'Brien is a NZ ref.

I guess i will be the one to enlighten you....

O'Brien is an Australian appointed referee, he moved to Queensland a decade ago and started his refereeing career on the Gold Coast....
Why has he rocketed up the ranks so quickly, perhaps because his father is Paddy O'Brien, former head of the IRB Referee Board.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
For the first time in a very long time I left before the end. I decided to walk to my mates place in Northbridge at around the 60 minute mark and get pissed instead, it was a lot more fun. Jesus Christ we suck this year. I'm going to miss next week's game to fly to Melbourne and watch that other team of losers I support: Carlton. I don't know which is more torturous at the moment!

The refereeing was pretty atrocious (and I'm not one to complain about it most of the time) but it didn't affect the result in the slightest. The only good thing to come out of the whole sorry affair was the comeback of QC (Quade Cooper). He looked fantastic, albeit against a pretty average team. Let's hope he stays fit, because he's crucial to our chances later in the year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I guess i will be the one to enlighten you..

O'Brien is an Australian appointed referee, he moved to Queensland a decade ago and started his refereeing career on the Gold Coast..
Why has he rocketed up the ranks so quickly, perhaps because his father is Paddy O'Brien, former head of the IRB Referee Board.

Thank you @TOCC. I much preferred my world in which he is/was a NZer.;)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Don't talk about the ref. We got flogged. We are playing the worst rugby we have ever played. Hands down. I don't know if I will. Watch next week. Oh wait I might go see how the brumbies do because I enjoy watching them Play

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Don't talk about the ref. We got flogged.

When you said a couple of weeks ago that you were not going to criticize the refs anymore it reminds me of that old comedy movie 'Flying High'......" I picked a bad week to give up criticizing refs."

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
When you said a couple of weeks ago that you were not going to criticize the refs anymore it reminds me of that old comedy movie 'Flying High'.." I picked a bad week to give up criticizing refs."
Lol. Regardless we were never in the game. I don't know what the answers is. We need to drop most of our buckling. Apart from morahan and DHP and maybe the young half back.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It might have been said earlier but I am too depressed to look back through the threat... Really glad to see Quade back in action. I really hope he is back to his best for the RWC.

Have we ever won a game in pink socks?

Status
Not open for further replies.