• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Lions Rnd 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
I saw very few Lions supporters at the game. Trying to think back to last time they played in Perth. I don't think they have as many supporter here as the Sharks or the Bulls.

I thought the ball handling by both teams was pretty good considering the weather.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just a smidge over 10k to a Force home game against South African opposition (should bring in a few expats) during a season where they are competing for a finals place for the first time. This same side used to pull 25k on the regular when they were terrible at an AFL stadium that is rubbish for watching rugby. What the hell is happening to this code?

Weather would have played a small part. Opposition another. Nobody supports the Lions- it's a fast track to depression (although the same could be said of the Force at times). After their year in the wilderness and horrendous couple before that, I don't think they have many local fans in Perth. We usually get 15-20k against New Zealand opposition. Closer to 15 against the Highlanders and a guaranteed sell out against the Crusaders.

I think the GFC hasn't helped. When the Force came in there was money coming out the wazoo in Perth. Membership to a team that wasn't performing was a luxury item that did not provide much satisfaction. A couple of good seasons should see the return of some fans.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Something else i forgot to mention but Holmes off the bench had a great impact in attack. Would be great to see more of him especially when our attacking game starts to become a bit stale as the game progresses.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Something else i forgot to mention but Holmes off the bench had a great impact in attack. Would be great to see more of him especially when our attacking game starts to become a bit stale as the game progresses.

Yeah thought he did well when he came on. He attacks the gain line more than Sias, so they complement each other well.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
We had 16K to the Bulls game. But about 4-5K of those would have been Bulls supporters. I've never met anyone who told me they were a lions supporter.

M

Moono75

Rain would have kept away about 3,000 occasional rugby fans. Don't think the weather was as bad yesterday as it was for the Bulls game where it was just consistent for the whole game. A Force finals appearance might generate an influx of support if we got a home game but I think the major benefits of this years performances will will be reflected in next years membership sales. Certainly the Force are getting a lot more coverage in the papers over here and on radio. Interested to see with the results this year if a major naming rights sponsor comes knocking at the Force.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Just a smidge over 10k to a Force home game against South African opposition (should bring in a few expats) during a season where they are competing for a finals place for the first time. This same side used to pull 25k on the regular when they were terrible at an AFL stadium that is rubbish for watching rugby. What the hell is happening to this code?

Isn't that what the Tahs get in the largest metropolis, with a superstar team bound for the playoffs?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There was one very enthusiastic lady at one end screaming for the Lions at the top of her voice. She went a bit quiet after half time.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
God damn the force played well and I though Walsh shafted us out of a bonus point until we managed a try at the death. Next week will be very hard. We jut hot back from South Africa now a 6 day turn around in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.