• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Reds - S15 Round 12 - 4 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

It will be interesting to see what Link does for this match, the Force will be fuming after the flogging they received from the Brumbies, but the Reds look like they really need to rest a couple of players after a taxing few weeks.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Danger game for the Reds.

Hanson and Holmes had a rest so it would be tempting to start both of them again, I'd at least go with Holmes. Not sure who else could get a break really. The backrow has been working hard but that is the Force's only real strength, maybe start Butler for Quirk. BButler has been pretty impressive, another 'invisible' backrower that do so much unsung tight work. With Samo out it would be hard to see Schatz getting a break. Most of the backs have had time off this year so it should not be too much of an issue there.

T

TOCC

Daley and Davies both twinged their hammies, only minor apparently..

I'd like to see Tapuai rested but there isn't really any alternatives atm, maybe sub Lucas in for Lance.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It will be great too see the honey badger come in. And also give Alby a rest for sheeno,He has played a lot of games.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Fix what we frigged up last time we played them. Take them lightly at our own peril. Happy to see Daley start again and Holmes move over to tight head as Slipper really looks to need a rest. I would say this regardless of the opposition. I am going to love the back row battle in this one.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
If we can't deliver the general sort of intensive attacking dominance and large PD the Brums achieved vs the Force, and merely scrap out a narrow win, it'll be a negative omen regarding us having any chance of catching the Brums on points and securing top of the leader board come finals time. Winning the comp if not 1 or 2 on the pre-finals ladder is demonstrated to be a massive task.

We now have the harder run home by some margin vs the Brums' run home. I fear the draw vs the Brums may well mean we end up in positions 4-6 on the pre-finals ladder (without being complacent that that position is at all guaranteed at today's juncture.......a near-term injury to any of Horwill, Genia or Cooper could see us fail altogether to get into the top 6, we are too dependent on this three IMO, although of course some teams would envy us that problem).

Btw: IIRC crucial if not in top 3 pre-finals we end up 4 as this means rank 5 has to return to the 4's home for a semi-final qualifying game.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Would bring in Lucas for Lance.

I really have not been fussed on Lance, he does his job, but Lucas can do that job better.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If we can't deliver the general sort of intensive attacking dominance and large PD the Brums achieved vs the Force, and merely scrap out a narrow win, it'll be a negative omen regarding us having any chance of catching the Brums on points and securing top of the leader board come finals time. Winning the comp if not 1 or 2 on the pre-finals ladder is demonstrated to be a massive task.

We now have the harder run home by some margin vs the Brums' run home. I fear the draw vs the Brums may well mean we end up in positions 4-6 on the pre-finals ladder (without being complacent that that position is at all guaranteed at today's juncture...a near-term injury to any of Horwill, Genia or Cooper could see us fail altogether to get into the top 6, we are too dependent on this three IMO, although of course some teams would envy us that problem).

Btw: IIRC crucial if not in top 3 pre-finals we end up 4 as this means rank 5 has to return to the 4's home for a semi-final qualifying game.

4 plays 5 then the winner plays 2. Would back them both times. A second trip to SA would be a harder road to take. My money is on the Reds finishing 4th, then going to play the Chiefs for a spot in the final in Canberra.

Will be interesting this year with the extended break. It could be a disadvantage for the Brumbies to have a break for the tests, play one game, then the first week of finals off. Could be underdone for the semi if that happens.

T

tranquility

Danger game for the Reds.

Butler has been pretty impressive, another 'invisible' backrower that do so much unsung tight work. With Samo out it would be hard to see Schatz getting a break.

Butler is first and foremost an 8.

T

tranquility

Browning would be off with the 20s id say. I still think he is a year away from it, but definitely capable already.

T

TOCC

Samo is back from injury and played Premier Grade on the weekend to give him match fitness, likewise Beau Robinson played with Souths..
Im expecting that both these players will be brought onto the bench at least.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Force loss at the hands of the Brumbies will sting the team, and should be extra fired up for the match.
Reds have a 8 day turnaround so should be fully recovered, but no doubt they will still be a little off after playing the top 3 teams in the comp in the last three weeks.
With Horwill and Genia the additions to the Reds team which lost at Suncorp, I don't think we will see the Force suffocate the Reds like they did last time; based on all the home games, the home team have been throwing it around, so could be a close, exciting contest.

However, Reds by 5

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reckon the Reds will not be ambushed this time - business end of season - bonus point a must.

Tipping that whilst the Force always play well against the Reds the Ballymore Boys to smash the Westie's by 30

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
the Force boys looked battered and bruised when I saw them at Canberra airport on Sunday-especially Mathewson,who could hardly move with his back.Will be interesting to see how many recover in time

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Force have to be favourites for this. They won the first game at Suncorp and now return to their fortress at home.

Is anyone buying this argument? It's a banana skin game for the Reds. The Force seem to love playing the Reds and have won the last 2 games against them, including a flogging in Perth last year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think that the reverse psychology from the Reds faithfull will work.

The Force seem to be a shell of their actual abilities and look to be totally demoralised following a string of sub-par performances. The new rectum torn by the Ponies will take a few more weeks to heal.

Even though they will be playing this 3000km local derby at Fortress Perth behind the Nullabor Moat, the Reds have hit their strops and are looking to consolidate their claim for top spot in this years Strongest Conference, and to avenge recent losses against the Force.

The Reds will cruise home by 20-25 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.